The Rarest of rare?

Re: Rarest of rarest

Norland_Cycles":2thfmxub said:
Norland_Cycles":2thfmxub said:
By the way. I been trying to find pictures on Internet of a DH bike made by (or made for) Bianchi in 1999.
It was in the Bianchi-Martini Racing Livery colors, eqquipped with Marzocchi Monster T fork, Formula HD 1 Disc Brakes in the front with this massive 4 bolts straight pull spokes Hub from Formula too, Mavic D 321 rims Michelin tyres and rest Full Xtr.
Yes I remember almost perfectly how it was, because it was my favorite bike that made me drool behind the CRT monitor on that year, and it was the bike that make me interested on DH.
If anybody has or know where to find pictures of that bike, please post it here.
Thanks!

1999 BIANCHI for DH anyone?

this one ???

http://ibikedb.net/bikes/30138-bianchi

Re: Rarest of rarest

big.eck":nq7j7x0s said:
Norland_Cycles":nq7j7x0s said:
Norland_Cycles":nq7j7x0s said:
By the way. I been trying to find pictures on Internet of a DH bike made by (or made for) Bianchi in 1999.
It was in the Bianchi-Martini Racing Livery colors, eqquipped with Marzocchi Monster T fork, Formula HD 1 Disc Brakes in the front with this massive 4 bolts straight pull spokes Hub from Formula too, Mavic D 321 rims Michelin tyres and rest Full Xtr.
Yes I remember almost perfectly how it was, because it was my favorite bike that made me drool behind the CRT monitor on that year, and it was the bike that make me interested on DH.
If anybody has or know where to find pictures of that bike, please post it here.
Thanks!

1999 BIANCHI for DH anyone?

this one ???

http://ibikedb.net/bikes/30138-bianchi

Nopes, the one I'm looking is FSR design, looking like an old school norco vps, in the aquamarine Bianchi-Martini Racing Livery colors, eqquipped with Marzocchi Monster T fork, Formula HD 1 Disc Brakes in the front with this massive 4 bolts straight pull spokes Hub from Formula too, Mavic D 321 rims Michelin tyres and rest Full Xtr.

A Savage Terminator bike. I've havent seen another one, ever. Even on the interwebs, except this one. Havent finished it yet :( Life got in the way :)

IMG_9613-1.jpg

Not sure how rare they are but I've a few interesting bits including a Westpine front hub, TNT 'V' brake and a couple of long-cage Nuovo and Super Record rear mech's.
The rarest has to be some Italian titanium toe clips from the '80s - so uncommon I've never found a single reference to them, let alone seen another pair.

Latest news from Kowa

Well people, this is far to be retro, because is the latest Race Technology from Kowa in Japan, but worth to be here, because this company realized that Old School on making Suspension forks by dedicated CNC machining piece by piece and not doing cast massified series hundreds or thousands.
At least on DH and FR models they abbandon the Cast Magnesium sliders and they passed to a full CNC made ones, like in the Times of the Marzocchi Super T and Monster T.
I leave you some pictures of this latest FReeride Model, that has the lightest technologies with a design that evoques the best of the Old School.
p4pb8794563.jpg

p4pb8794566.jpg

p4pb8794560.jpg

Specifications:
Kowa RX-FR Prototype. Travel adjustable from 20 to 180 mm Rebound, High and low speed compression adjustable Optional 1 1/8 or Tapered Headtube High Grade Kashima Coating Stanchions Air Spring, 2.5 kg weight 100% CNC Made in Japan

Not really mtb specific but some "tenuous" links

I have a Foes Racing BMX pro xl frame that is brushed ali!!...stunning..as soon as i find a set of marizochi sinisters (well two as i want a set for my intense sabot 1st) and a polished set of race face turbines I will start the build!!

In my dads loft I have a palmer snowboard, which has a TLD paint job it's got a huge Specialized S on the bottom and a load of caddy airbrushed bits on it!! it also has a few other sponsors sprayed on too Im not sure of its origin I thought it was a special edition, but I have done research in the interweb and never seen anything like it! its was brought in march 1999 in Boluder..i have never used it as it is so pretty!!

The only proper MTB thing that I personaly would class as rare, is a Hutchenson Coyote tyre that has never been used!! good I loved those tyres!! im sure someone will be along shortly saying you can buy them in wiggel for 99p

Back