The Rarest Bontrager in the world? *Star Wars Geek content!*

jamabikes":1u6qept7 said:
May the forks be with you.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
A once-in-a-lifetime Dave Prowse/ missing forks joke opportunity.
Very well played, sir!

Nice Bonty, too! How fast will she do the Kessel Run?

Great posts and bikes. I have a Haro Warthog prototype, it looks very different than this bike. Top tube is long oval (3 , 3 1/2 inches) shape (headset to seat post) with a "half bridge" type arc bellow that is welded to bottom of top oval tube about 4 inches from where top tube is welded to the headset tube. Frame paint is a metallic flake orange (a Haro color I've seen and called red??), has Haro decals and Warthog decals, made for 14mm bolt hubs, the rear is exact as the Mira's of the year 98? I have not found any information on this bike. Reading the original post was news to me, though made sense in the way of Ryan N. and signing to Haro mention. Frame was told/said to be a prototype (no serial numbers), a close friend and their group of friends who worked in the bike industry (not for Haro, they knew people there) all had Haro bikes and parts, some went to market a year later this frame didn't. I remember this was supposed to be a Ryan N. DJ bike that would be coming out. Me I was (and still am) a musician (I rode Bmx in the early 80's, I miss my custom Patterson frame, and others bikes I had then), these were friends of mine. I didn't know of any Bonty stuff. When I saw this thread I was expecting to see a proto bike as I mention above. I described the best I could. Cheers!

Great posts and bikes. I have a Haro Warthog prototype, it looks very different than this bike. Top tube is long oval (3 , 3 1/2 inches) shape (headset to seat post) with a "half bridge" type arc bellow that is welded to bottom of top oval tube about 4 inches from where top tube is welded to the headset tube. Frame paint is a metallic flake orange (a Haro color I've seen and called red??), has Haro decals and Warthog decals, made for 14mm bolt hubs, the rear is exact as the Mira's of the year 98? I have not found any information on this bike. Reading the original post was news to me, though made sense in the way of Ryan N. and signing to Haro mention. Frame was told/said to be a prototype (no serial numbers), a close friend and their group of friends who worked in the bike industry (not for Haro, they knew people there) all had Haro bikes and parts, some went to market a year later this frame didn't. I remember this was supposed to be a Ryan N. DJ bike that would be coming out. Me I was (and still am) a musician (I rode Bmx in the early 80's, I miss my custom Patterson frame, and others bikes I had then), these were friends of mine. I didn't know of any Bonty stuff. When I saw this thread I was expecting to see a proto bike as I mention above. I described the best I could. Cheers!
Reading this I miss mentioning the "half bridge" arc tube under and welded to the top oval tube some (few) inches away from the headset goes from there to crankshaft tube (2-2 1/4 diameter. 4" something width). Heaviest 20" bike I've ever owned (it's got a 1 piece steel crank) I remember riding up a curb going straight into it and it felt like a small bump.

Back