The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guerciotti.

Hi everyone , I want to sell my Guerciotti / Alan aluminium frame ( chainset not included ) please could anyone give me advice on where to sell etc also maybe some idea of price. I have added some quick pics. I will put all specs and detailed pics when selling. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• P2040060.JPG
    P2040060.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 525
tinker":3eg881xx said:
Every time I try it says file is to big and I don't know
How to change it
I know I'll get more if I split it but I've been made an offer as it is but I don't know if it's not enought
The sale of your nob probably won't fund the purchase of the Seven.

You're not wrong there mate... However I've just bought a used seven sola and the sale of the Dave Yates will help contribute :)... will get pics up soon... Any questions or interest please holler.... I've still got all the original receipts from when I bought it... Cost a free Bob back in the day !

Any idea how much this one would be worth?

The bolt to hold the cable in looks to have stripped and repaired using a helicoil, the allen bolt holding the bottom pulley in is rounded and there are a few circlips missing.
A few scuffs and scrapes also but the springs seem very strong still.

Attachments

• IMG_4446.jpg
    IMG_4446.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 466
tinker":3h5vuddv said:
I believe this is the right place for this post????

I think im going to split it when i find the time
unless i get an offer i can not turn down??

Attachments

• IMG_3448[1].JPG
    IMG_3448[1].JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 447
Re: Dave Yates DONKIS NOB !

raffy":36w64cpl said:
Apologies to the moderators for my post elsewhere !

I have the opportunity for a nice and shiny new Secen bike and need to put a value on my DY DONKIS NOB to decide whether the old girl will fund it...mine was custom built by Dave back in 1994 to fit my 5 ft 7ins frame...(nice long top tube ) so approx 16"...I had it resprayed by Dave himself to a smart dark grey metallic a few years ago and apart from a few light chips and scrapes its totally ding free ....DY decals etc...Pace XC30 forks regularly greased, XT mechs, Ritchey Chainset, synchros stem, XT & XTR v brakes...Mavic rims, Hope front hub and Shaimano rear hub, XT levers..oh, USE seatpost and Mavic headset.....it pains me to think of letting the old girl go but it might have to happen..problem is I have been out of the bike game for such a while I don;t know the demand or value of such a rare beast !! All opinions very welcome

Fancy paint gets more money, but there is a DONKIS frame and forks sitting unsold in the classifieds at £525 or offer. Discussions suggested it was worth about £300 for the frame and forks and maybe an extra £200 as it has fancy paint. So, at a very rough guess I'd reckon your frame and forks to be worth in the region of £350 to £400, depending on the forks. I would leave the headset in, but these can fetch £40 to £60 in really good condition. I'm no Pace expert, but by XC30 do you mean RC30 rigid forks, if so, these fetch up to £100 in really good condition, hence my thought's of £400 for the F&F.

The rest of the bits are not worth huge money; more off the bike than on.

If I were you, I'd pop it in the pre 97 classifieds, with some good photo's at around £600 and see what reaction you get. Penny to a pinch a bunch of guys will ask you to split it; I have seen this work well when the seller has insisted the frame and forks sell first, and then all the components.

Sorry for the long post, but you are entering into shark infested waters here. Watch out for cheeky PM offers, some people are absolutely shameless and I have told people to get stuffed when they have made pathetic offers on frames I have had for sale.

Re: Guerciotti.

RUDDY":xxt4tvxo said:
Hi everyone , I want to sell my Guerciotti / Alan aluminium frame ( chainset not included ) please could anyone give me advice on where to sell etc also maybe some idea of price. I have added some quick pics. I will put all specs and detailed pics when selling. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Try the same question in the 'how much' thread in the road section. There are a lot of Alan experts over there who should be able to help.

Hi folks,

I have a Look mi-90 with a carbon fibre, aluminum composite frame,
Deore xt shifters and derailleurs,
Ritchey logic crank and brakes.
I don't have the original Ritchey logic forks(bent those in half)
Manitou Answer cartridge shocks.

IMG_0657.JPG

Any idea what it's worth?

I found one with a steel frame that was branded as an mi-90

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Look- ... 19e4b749d9

Thanks,
Bern

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back