The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinker↓
what's my p7 worth ?????
Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:16 pm
Hi I have been asked to sell my p7 but I don't have a clue of what it's worth can any one please give me a Gide line to go on please??
It's got XTR brakes, front and rear mech ringle post and stem middleburn rs3 chain ring peddles ext, pace rc36 pro class, x lite bar ends ext ext, he don't want the wheels if you put in tinker p7 it should come up with some photos of it please I don't know how to pu them on could any one advise as I just don't know it's worth, thanks Tinker
You will find pics on page 4 in general search under project p7 all done
(Tinker)
Attachments

image.jpg (253.24 KiB) Viewed 43 times

image.jpg (245.64 KiB) Viewed 43 times

image.jpg (253.24 KiB) Viewed 43 times

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 374
Dave Yates DONKIS NOB !

Apologies to the moderators for my post elsewhere !

I have the opportunity for a nice and shiny new Secen bike and need to put a value on my DY DONKIS NOB to decide whether the old girl will fund it...mine was custom built by Dave back in 1994 to fit my 5 ft 7ins frame...(nice long top tube ) so approx 16"...I had it resprayed by Dave himself to a smart dark grey metallic a few years ago and apart from a few light chips and scrapes its totally ding free ....DY decals etc...Pace XC30 forks regularly greased, XT mechs, Ritchey Chainset, synchros stem, XT & XTR v brakes...Mavic rims, Hope front hub and Shaimano rear hub, XT levers..oh, USE seatpost and Mavic headset.....it pains me to think of letting the old girl go but it might have to happen..problem is I have been out of the bike game for such a while I don;t know the demand or value of such a rare beast !! All opinions very welcome

tinker":2rz5heoq said:
tinker↓
what's my p7 worth ?????
Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:16 pm
Hi I have been asked to sell my p7 but I don't have a clue of what it's worth

I would get out and take some nice bright pictures to enhance your sale.

Every time I try it says file is to big and I don't know
How to change it
I know I'll get more if I split it but I've been made an offer as it is but I don't know if it's not enought

tinker":2srzsgzg said:
Every time I try it says file is to big and I don't know
How to change it

You'll be better off linking images from something like photobucket. ;)

As for value of your bike, I really think that you'll be better off breaking it down and selling the parts individually.

You've got some really desirable components, but it is a very individual build which will restrict your pool of potential purchasers. When it comes down to it, despite the XTR, Ringle, Spin wheels etc. it's still an Orange P7.

Take a look through the for sale section (or ebay) and have a look at how much the individual bits sell for. ;)

I have an Orange Prestige frame that is surplus to requirements, the frame has had the down tube replaced and has been re-sprayed, the condition is OK, I have touched up the paint chips with some nail varnish. the frame was repaired by Haristy Cycles in Newcastle upon Tyne with Prestige tube.
I have posted a picture of the complete bike for your perusal. I am trying to find the value of the frame and forks with a STX headset. Further images can be found here; viewtopic.php?f=6&t=284766&p=2129281#p2129281

Attachments

• Orange pretige.jpg
    Orange pretige.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 339
Re: Dave Yates DONKIS NOB !

raffy":39phaart said:
Apologies to the moderators for my post elsewhere !

I have the opportunity for a nice and shiny new Secen bike and need to put a value on my DY DONKIS NOB to decide whether the old girl will fund it...mine was custom built by Dave back in 1994 to fit my 5 ft 7ins frame...(nice long top tube ) so approx 16"...I had it resprayed by Dave himself to a smart dark grey metallic a few years ago and apart from a few light chips and scrapes its totally ding free ....DY decals etc...Pace XC30 forks regularly greased, XT mechs, Ritchey Chainset, synchros stem, XT & XTR v brakes...Mavic rims, Hope front hub and Shaimano rear hub, XT levers..oh, USE seatpost and Mavic headset.....it pains me to think of letting the old girl go but it might have to happen..problem is I have been out of the bike game for such a while I don;t know the demand or value of such a rare beast !! All opinions very welcome

There's a Yates Donkis frameset for sale at the moment on the forum. It is frame, P2 fork, headset and BB if I remember correctly. The asking price is £525 I think and the general consensus seems that this is in the right ball park...........but as far as I'm aware it hasn't sold yet. Can you upload some photo's?

tinker":3i6p6trc said:
I believe this is the right place for this post????

Yeah but putting a value is subjective and largely unappreciated so not many comment :D

If its without wheels and is "just" a P7 with nice parts, I'd guess about £250 with the XTR etc. You'd make a lot more splitting as you know, but as you are not and you are selling as it is, I'd guess that amount, maybe £300 if a good day.

I'll get some pics taken as soon as I can get the bike outside in the light...really doesn't look like a 20 year old frame...no rust, dings or dents...a few marks that are easily touched up...looks superb in dark grey and Dave's decals in a different font...all straight and true and na nasty accidents...watch this space...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back