The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re:

Apache on here I'm sure could fix it, and I for one am guilty of not sending a blown 8000P to him for assessment/repair which we'd discussed but I simply had too much going on. Is he/she (well you never know on internet forums) still around??

Alternative might be Kevin Green at http://www.theaudiocellar.co.uk/ who seems to be regarded on some hifi blogs.....

And yes I still have the blown 8000P :oops:

thanks for obliging frog! cant beat a good drool over innards. bat gear is fab and no doubt you will have good sounds with your set up! so what power amp is it with balanced inputs? what speakers?

i would happily have a look at the audiolab. if it is intermittent then its most likley something simple like a dry joint.

Cool.... thanks for responses chaps.

Nice to know it doesn't sound like it's anything serious. I really do like the sound of these power amps and compared to what I paid for them then I don't mind spending a bit on repairs as it's a massive leap up to what I would have to pay for something else of the same calibre, even second hand. (I have 2Ps and this PX was just going to be a spare).

It's of course now working fine now I tried it with another preamp on some other shelves.
Postage is going to be expensive back and forth from Denmark though. Will look into it....

Audiolab phono connectors did have a tendency to fall apart after a few years. Not so much the gold finish but definitely the silver. Should be an easy fix.

Things I'm selling:
* A pair of Rotel RB970BX power amplifiers, a hundred quid each;
* A pair of Mission 752 Freedoms in beech (I think?) finish. Very very nice indeed. I'd like £150, and I'm sure you'd need to spend a lot more than that to get something better in a shop.

I'm in Hull, of all places.

Re:

Nice.... nearly went for Rotels myself but couldn't get a pair..... and then the Audiolabs came up in the meantime.

Sitting on the should I shouldn't I button on a pair of 751s to go with my 753s in a surround configuration.....

Integrated amp wanted

Looking for a half decent integrated amplifier, nothing too fancy, but much have a phono stage. Could swap for bike bits.

Re: Integrated amp wanted

andyz":24vsocnr said:
Looking for a half decent integrated amplifier, nothing too fancy, but much have a phono stage. Could swap for bike bits.

I will have a looksee tonight. It wont be expensive

Back