The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff and sales: Amps amps amps!!!

Philips CDM were the 'best' - if you are into that sort of thing

http://www.dutchaudioclassics.nl/philip ... isme_list/

philips-cdm-list.jpg

Depends also on how everything was slung together afterwards though.

legrandefromage":3u82osgi said:
Have a nosy through this - there were many brains behind this player. 11 years ago now.

http://www.iaguk.com/tag/dvd32r_tech.htm

Nearly bought one recently, but bottled it after reading horror stories about mechanical reliability and the lack of parts now. Shame because by all accounts it's supposed to be one of the best sounding CD players ever made.

Castle Durham 900 Loudspeakers

Hand made in Skipton, North Yorkshire.

Height 400mm, width 215mm, depth 240mm including grill.

Built to celebrate the 900 year anniversary of Durham Cathedral, these are a special edition of the Durham speaker by the original Castle Acoustics in Yorkshire. Beautiful real wood veneer finish (Dark Oak I think but not sure - pics show colour well).

I was wanting a set of these for a very long time but all that came up for sale were very tatty with drivers that weren't in the best condition. These were owned by a friend who had them from new and really cherished them. He treated the drivers with a product (he can't remember what) which kept them from drying out so they look like new - the rubber is prefect and supple. He looked after the speakers extremely well and the only thing which can be seen is the slightly less than perfect speaker cloth on one speaker and some slight lightening of the wood on the top front corner of one speaker. This is not really wear and tear and could be covered easily with some coloured polish - I have not done this to present the speakers as honestly as I can.

When I got them home my wife hated the look of them so I only got to enjoy them for a short time before making the sad decision to sell them. They have a lovely clear sound, so detailed!

89db Sensitivity at 8ohms
Matching serial numbers (both 9330:cool:
All badges present and undamaged
All drivers in perfect condition.
Both grills in perfect condition (no snapped posts) apart from some slight pulls and one small hole in one side.
Copper jumper cables present except one, some high quality QED Silver 25th Anniversary speaker cable included to make your own (that's what I did!).

Alphason Aragon speaker stand - 50cm tall and perfect for these speakers may be included by separate negotiation to auction winner.

These are really heavy and I don't want to trust them to a courier so I will not post them. I will however travel to meet you halfway. I'll probably do this for free if not too far but if this is what you want to do please send me a message FIRST to ask about details and any possible costs involved.

If you have any questions please ask via a message on here or text/phone me on 07941925285.

I have seen these sell for a fair bit in pretty ropey condition - if you have to replace drivers on a pair which haven't been looked after it can be a very expensive task - so I think £85 is pretty good for the great condition they are on.

Extra £10 for the stands for the person who buys the speakers or £15 for anyone else.

Mr Panda":2eo1iki2 said:
Huddersfield eh?

Thinking Panda........

Sorry they just sold....... I'll let you know if it falls through though. May have advertised a bit cheaply!

I've noticed they've been rising a fair bit recently. These are going to a Castle speaker collector (hopefully) and I'm delivering them myself on Sunday.

Re:

Afternoon chaps - a question for the tekkys - attached photos of DVD player thingy at GF's pad. See the large cylindrical jobbies which appear to bee oozing "stuff" onto the PCB at their base.....

Unit is showing up error codes which we can't resolve. As a starting point is the gloopy stuff liable to be part of the problem?? Its kinda waxy and has the consitency of med-hard putty.

EIN :?:

:D

Latest posts

Back