The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff and sales thread

Just as it seems I have kicked the bike buying habit, one unhealthy costly hobby replaces the other. Going to pick up some Quad 22L speakers on Wednesday in that pointless quest for a better sound...ho hum.... better than spending the money on drugs I suppose.

Anyone have any experience on these air movers? 50watts should be ok to run them I think but any top tips, place them 30.8569cm from the wall whilst chair is aligned to the north star on a Thursday?

Were they the ones on Gumtree?

Anyone interested in a pair of Mission 731 bookshelf speakers I've had in storage for many years. They are in excellent condition with grilles apart from one lower corner of the plastic front has been chipped while in storage. They come with matching Mission Micrometer stands which fit these and other Mission bookshelf speakers from mid - late 90's. They are quite an unusual design.

I'm away from home at the moment but have found a link to an elapsed ebay auction showing identical stands. (Sold for £69.95!) - http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/190831033100?cmd=VIDESC

Due to the chipped corner I thought £25 for the speakers and stands? Collected from staffs ST13 or am traveling to Cornwall next week.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When I was at quad ( dewin the woooar) the 22's were just coming out. They were probably the last speakers to be built in the UK. Wharfedale had taken over the brand to become IAG.

ahhhh I thought I had read that they were made in china. Nice to hear that they are made in blighty. Will let you know what I think of them when I get them tomorrow- amp is just sublime BTW loving it. :D

"Wharfedale had taken over the brand to become IAG" who are a bunch of ignorant profiteering cnuts!

Latest posts

Back