The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie saying hello

Hi all!

im new so thought id introduce myself,

im 26 and from the isle of wight,

current bike is a 2001 Marin Shoreline trail frame, built up using spare parts i had (sorry its not that retro!) but what i really want is a GT R.T.S 3, i had one when i was a kid that i paid for with a paper round & odd jobs for people over a summer. it was built up from bits and pieces aswell

RTS 3 frame
Judy XC forks
Hyperlight bars
Onza CWA's
Magura brakes
217 sunset rims
XT groupset

e.t.c

I want to build one with a close a spec to that as i can as i loved that bike, only had it for a year then it got nicked :cry: found the forum through doing an image serach for onza cwa's of all things! found a frame on ebay that i think i should get for a decent price, but if anyone has any of those other bits, let me know ;)

My road bike is a pretty retro too, its a Fausto Coppi K28 with Look carbon forks and a full 105 groupset. i think its from 1996ish, but im not sure used for commuting and thats about it :LOL:

anyway, Hello! :D

Hi guys,

My name is Ed and I found your site when searching for information about my old DH bike a Sunn Radical, which I'd like to restore. I'd also like to find my old Yeti Lawill 6 somehow, the only bike I've ever sold.

I'll post up pics and stuff asap, but thought I'd say hi.

cheers

Ed

Hello from ITV!

Thought it was about time I said Hi. Ive been a member on here for a while but only just got round to really checking it out and getting involved - I love this site.
My name is Steve Wilson, Ive been a member of RADBMX>CO>UK for a long while and moderate one of the forums, Ive been riding bmx since 1983 and MTB since 1988. I have a fairly hefty collection of old and mid school BMx's, and am now wanting to build my first retro MTB - not sure what yet but Im sure something will grab my attention soon!

I organise the Old FOols BMX Roadtrips that are essentially older guys who are over 30, meeting up to ride a load of skateparks etc... we now have around 70 people on the list who come to these trips - theyre great fun, nice and relaxed, no 'fashion', just like the 90's bmx scene used to be.
Im also about to launch my own BMX Mail Order company www.liferbmx.com , and my wife is pregnant with our second baby - life is very hectic! Imalso spending time in London , away from where we live on Dartmoor in Devon, as I am a TV presenter, I currently do the foreign travel amongst other stuff for ITV's This Morning programme. Im freelance so spend most of my time working with bikes rather on TV as its my passion, hence the new company and also my new post as chairman of West Devon Warriors BMX race club.
I wanted to say, love the site, and im looking forwsrd to many more posts on here!
steve.

Hi Mark here!

Joined round about christmas eve. First bike i had was a Raleigh Montage (lovely ?!). Just bought a p7 have no pictures, but will upload as I need to date it & still don't have it as @ my Mums. Need to tranasport asap as my imagination is going into overdrive (good & Bad) as to what it is like.

Love ur work!

Hi there,

My name is Allard and I live in the Netherlands near the city of Utrecht.
I own three mountainbikes:
My old faithfull Koga Miyata with vintage and new parts on it... especially proud of the IRD Widget brakes which I bought directly from Rod back in the days. Now it is in the proces of being rebuild as a singlespeed.

Than I have an Intense Tracer which has professionally been repainted. It is finnished of with Shimano Deore XT so nothing trick.

And last but certainly not least an Intense made Haro is in the proces of being build.

Gr. Allard

Hello- i have not been on here for ages!
I'm a bikeshop worker in Oxford for last ten years- been racing mtbs since 80's
I do like any bike but have always loved fat chance- got my first one in 92 (a '90 yo) and have collected 1 or 2 since
My current main bike is a 95 or so Yo that i brazed a disc mount onto back and is a very usable bike now- kitted out fully with xtr and white bro forks. pics soon....

Going back home to NZ for good Oct so selling up some bits and pieces to clear out shed. see sales section.

Alex

My name is Robin, 32 1/2, Prudhoe and I want a nice bike again...none of this modern toss. I hark back to a time when one fleeting glance at a bike would tell you how good it was. I sold my last bike in 2004 for beer and gun money.

Fave bike was my Coyote F1 full susser with carbo fibre rear swing arm and Psylo XC's, XT STI, XT SPD's, LX mechs, Hope mini front, Avid cable rear, Mavic 517's in red, panaracer tyres Thompson stem, but got rid in 2003 when the stupid long shock bust and couldn't get a replacement for love nor money. Ended up with a NuNu which I never got on with...hence beer and guns (now Rovers)

I will aim for (Wife permitting):
XT thumbies upside down on the wrong side...could only ever afford the pap Deore II with the flimsy Steel clamp
XT shrot-cage rear mech and matching front
Mavic 517's
etc...

I shall be prusing the site and might even buy something, Wife/dole-permitting!

Cheers,
Robin

Hello Everyone,

My name is Simon and I've been mountain biking since the late 80's. I'm also really into my retro and old school BMX's.

Working on this at the moment.
[img
DSC00766.jpg

I've had it since new in '94 and it's an M700 that I had painted.

I also have this as well which I'd wanted for years but only managed to get late last year.
[/img
Dale1-1.jpg

It's on the way to having a complete SLX groupset on it and new wheels. The Coda brakes were dire indeed.

Hi all :)

I'm a 37yr old boy who's had a passion for cycling from an early age :LOL:

Currently have a not so retro Santacruz Superlight and a Giant TCR C2 road bike, but am also resurecting my '99 ZaskarLE from the depths.

It will have modern wheels, brakes and drivetrain although I'm fitting my PACE EVOII forks once they have been fettled and serviced.

Their is also a Reynolds 531 framed racing bike from 1970 sat in my garage looking pretty, but it is too small and the wheels too fragile for me to ride nowadays.

Will post some pics and more info as I get the Zaskar done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back