The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Proflex as shown off the eBay ad.

Any help with identification and pedigree will be greatly appreciated.

4280494619_77aac8aee6_o.jpg

Fairly new to this.. Hi

Ok here we go... i'm a bit of a newbie having rediscovered the joys (and dangers!) of cycling after a break of many years. Heres a couple of my bikes, both Kona's, bought at a good price (i hope?) of £160 for the two. I think they are both 94? Ive refurbed the Cinder Cone to make it roadworthy and now need to do the same to the Lava Dome, they seem in good condition and not messed about too much. What do you think? I need a new BB for the Lava Dome, does anyone know the size and what would be good value? Thanks all.

P1020158.jpg

P1020154.jpg
[/img][/url]

Greetings from Bali

Hi there, great site. I foudn it while looking for help with fixing one of my Cannondales, a 94 M800.

I also ride a 99 Super Vee 500, at least I think its 99, I'm not sure. I had a Super V 1000 that developed some corrosion under the paint and I was lucky enough to get it changed under Cannondale's lifetime warranty, they sent me the 500. Gotta love that.

Anyway, here's a pic. Not strictly retro but more than 10 years old so close enough

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_3956.JPG
    IMG_3956.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,043
Hi all,

Just joined with the view to selling on a pair of Girvin forks, I do like the retro stuff but wasn't into MTBs when I was younger so don't have the oh that was like the one I used to have moments.

Oldest we go is a 1992 Dawes Tandem from which we have removed the forks aside from that we have:

Langster London single speed
Giant XTC carbon MTB
Stump jumper D4W
Allez Sport
and Sirrus Comp
on and a Lidl unicycle!

Trying to raise funds for a 2010 Epic.

Cheers,

Rob

Hey,

Probably should introduce myself. I'm a not of a proflex fan from Australia and have a few of them in the shed.

- 854 undergoing restoration
- 955 built up generally to period spec with the exception of a few bits.
- 855 in need of repair to a small crack
- 856 that has just been built up with modern parts.

My first dual suspension bike back in the 90's was a brand new 955 and I have been hooked on them since. Sadly I strayed in the early part of this decade when the elastomers melted, but now I have resolved that issue it is all I ride.

Evenin' just a quickie to say hi as i'm new to here :LOL: and having trolled through the site, seems I've got a fair bit of retro lying around, so other than my Hiwassee that i've stuck in the what its worth thread there might be a few other bits turning up.

Hello everybody !

My name is Peter (translated directly from Romanian) and I like biking. I find myself doing it quite frequently in fact. I started as a little kid the thing with bikes, then I took a pause as I didn't have a bike anymore (was at the age when nothing really fitted me). After a while my experience with bikes was resumed when I had my fist new mtb, a really stupid bike which I gladly sold. At the moment I'm riding a Scott Boulder from '92 (I guess), a nice bike imo.
Anyway, I can't wait to get back in the saddle when the weather is fine.

And that's about it. See you around chaps !

Hello, my name's Dan and I'm a bike-a-holic

Currently doing more road work than MTB as working towards a LEJOG effort and to be quite frank got bored of off-roading for some reason.

Ride a Specialized roadie day to day but have just dug a '93 Kona Cinder Cone out of the garage which I intend to bring back to a state in which it is possibnle to play in the woods every now and again. Intend putting sus forks on and generally tarting her up a bit.

Any road, that's me as they say!

Hi, Chris from Bristol here. Trying to get back into mountain biking after a self imposed absence of about 8 years. My kits now all retro by default!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back