The Introduce Yourself Here Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if this is the Hello thread - Hello! I've Just gone retro and bought myself a KHS montana Comp, picking it up tonight ooh the excitement. Its apparently a 22lb bike so will be much lighter than my current steed but I'm hoping a great bike for general whataboutery.

Will be pestering all and sundry for info in the near future but in the meantime Hello!

Cheers

Big_Ads

re introducing myself

hello all.my mtb history goes something like this:- 1988 got bought a dawes ascent mtb for birthday when i was 13.for the next 3-4 years rode as much as i could on it(including my first 100 miles when i was 15.devizes to reading). 1991/92? got a marin eldridge grade matt black front/gloss orange rear.great bike. 1993/4 got a specialized stumpjumper m2 purple/green direct drive fork,with first gen xtr.unfortunately didn't ride it very much,as i had started smoking/drinking at this point.but was a great bike. 1998 marin mount vision xt.only had it for 2 weeks(long story)but loved it,when i had it. 2002 cannondale f800 matt black.absolutely awesome bike!!!unfortunately sold it in 04.regret it big time!!! 2006 specialized stumpjumper fsr comp.a great bike,but too much for me,hence... 2008 onwards.i p/x'ed the frame for an s works carbon hardtail.it' a great bike.have no plans on getting rid of this one!!! well that's it,hope you found some of that drivel of interest!!! :D p.s i tried to put spaces on this,but it just scrunches it all up again.apologies!!!

Hi everybody.

I've been lurking hear for about a year so I thought it was about time I signed up.

Untill last year I hadn't really been on a bike since i started driving and stoped riding my Raligh Lizard many many years ago.

When I turned 30 and all the beer and pizza started to catch up with me I decided it was time to start getting some exercise, and cycling seemed like the way to go.

I found this site while looking for reviews on new bikes and after seeing some of the awsome old school bikes and resto projects I decided retro was definaitly the future and went a got an old bike of ebay.
I'm not sure what it is but it's got canti's and a pair of Pace RC35's so I'm guesing its quite old. Hopefully some of the experts on hear can help me i.d. it.

50+Pace RC100 Rider!

Hi everyone,
Started off with a Marin Pine Mountain back in 1988 as their importer was based here in Sussex. Great for the long distance rides over the South Downs a group of us used to do. Spotted an article on the Pace as it was being developed and waited an age for delivery from them but finally took delivery of the third production bike they made in the summer of 89.
£1600 was a lot of money back then! Worth every penny though such a rigid frame, it made anything else feel like it was made from Play Dough.
Still gets a run out from time to time but nothing too radical these days!
RetroBike is agreat site with tons of cracking bikes and good memories pity it took me so long to find it!

Attachments

• bike1_968.jpg
    bike1_968.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,044
Hi all,

Name's Mark, from Wallasey. Not been riding properly for around six years or so, but desperate to get back into it. Currently looking at getting my '96 Koa overhauled and back on the trails..just waiting on the possibility of original decals from Gil at TheCycleShed.

Question, are the 98/99/2000 seasons now classed as 'retro'. That was when I was riding every hour of the day and an answer in the positive might make me feel older than I'd like...

Cheers!
-mq

Hi ya everyone, my name is Kim and I am from Norwich Norfolk and dropped into this site from a google search on Orange Clockworks, so thought I would sign up.
My wife and I have 2 x 15.5" Orange Clockworks from 93/94 that I am going to try and revamp a little just to restore them back to looking as juicy as the day I bought them back in late 93!
If you don't mind I may need a little advice on the way, only I have failed to keep up with the bike scene, so it may be a bit of challenge for me!!

cheers :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 979
Gudday

Hi All.
I just joined up the other day, I'm putting a couple of older Cannondales back together and trying to keep them relatively era - specific, so was looking for links and tips for things like 90's Syncros stems and posts etc..

I'm glad to see I'm not the only old skooler around! I normally ride a more current Cannondale F1000 with a Lefty and all the mod cons, but have a great time on my older rigs. You get a lot of 'comments' out on the track in Australia when you're on them!

I started riding XC in 1990 in New Zealand where I grew up.

Anyways, I'd better get back to work!

Sam

Attachments

• 07 CAD3.jpg
    07 CAD3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 965
hello all retrobikers!

hi,

i'm from Malaysia and currently ride an unknown mongoose mtb.soon will update the pics.hopefully forum members can help me figure out what model and year i'm riding now.thanx :cool:

Hello! Im the latest new boy.

Ive been browsing the forum for a couple of years now and finally I have something thats old enough for me to finally join up.

Ive been a GT man all my adult life, owning a Ricochet, RTS 2, LTS 2, Fly BMX, Thumper BMX and until earlier this year a 2001 Zaskar Team.

My latest addition is an early DMR trailstar, I believe it to be about 1998 vintage. Ive literally just picked it up from the powder coaters and will start a build up thread later on tonight.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back