The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilts":35snswm6 said:
You will find it soon starts to take over your life !!

And he's not joking, I joined in September, and nearly 1000 posts, 2 retro rides and £££££££££'s later I'm still here

and loving it

Retrobike, my second home ;)

Hi!

Just found the site....and I thought I was alone in this fetish till then!

Started Mountain biking in '94 and started buying magazines and looking for my next bike right from the word go.

I decided that my ideal (and affordable) bike was a Saracen Tufftrax just as a fledgling magazine called "The Biker" tested the '95 model then offered one as a competition prize.

Yup, I won it, and I still have it. It was retired from off-roading in '00 and spent 3 years doing a daily 30 mile round trip commute instead, wearing road tyres, full guards and a front V brake.

A knee injury in '04 has kept me off the tracks since then but the Saracen is still in use occasionally. This year, knee permitting, I will be back on the South Downs riding it. The Saracen is looking great despite its age and several thousand miles.

It's getting some new off road tyres in the spring and away I go. Only thing is I'm a bit out of touch with what's good tyre-wise for a retro MTB. Any tips?

Mr X":1zie2g89 said:
p01.jpg

Nice,

What tyres are those? Wicked.

;)

Hi, I am a French bastard, and I love all kind of bikes, not especially old school. I am really found of titanium, singlespeed and Kona. I have a Skydecomp SoloTomillo (French titanium singlespeed), a Kona King Kahuna and a Kona Unit, among other "serious" bikes. I am glad to enter this big freak family :LOL:

Hi,

I am Bas, 34, living in Amsterdam and since a few weeks looking around on this forum.
My biking history started many years ago with a Scott Pro Only, i think i was 14 :roll: (my god,..what would it be nice to have that one back,... :? ) and since then the list is long; Kleins; Koga Miyata; Boulder Bicycles;Pearson (1-off) Serotta; Merlin; Seven; Nishiki and many more, some of them I still own,..others i regret selling...
My last purchase is a Klein Attitude team '96 but i'm looking for the next Klein already.
In the mean time I want to rebuild the Serotta ATX into a single speed, this will be the first project.

I got to be honest,..this forum is really addictive; before this i was not biking for several years, did not have the time because i have a beautiful daughter since 2 years and my work is sucking up the rest of the time but the joy is getting back with each time i log-in to this site..

hope to stay for a long time and enjoy the bikes like you guys do,..

thanks!

Wishlist for the next years;
De Kerf in burgundy Red
Breezer (again)
Fat Yo Eddy Team
Klein Attitude Team 1990
Rafty
Get the stolen Nishiki ACX (signed by Cunningham) back
and many more,......

Well, why not...!

I'm Carlos. (Not really, but for work reasons, I'd rather not use my real name, sorry!) Spent many years in the bike industry, including running a shop in London way back at the end of the last century! ;)

Bike wise? Well, I've been around since the start, back when Saracens had bullmoose bars and were bikes you wanted, back when Cosmic frame bags and fluo Zefal straps were de rigeur!

Been lurking on here for a bit, so decided to join in the fun!

Carlos the Slackal":2jqb4gsh said:
..back when Cosmic frame bags and fluo Zefal straps were de rigeur!

Oh yes.. Had a full compliment in fluo yella :oops:

Welcome to the forum :D

So c'mon, what was the bike shop..? ;)

Your signature is very... Jo Burtesque.. :idea:

"..I went to the big town where there is a lot of sound
From the jungle to the city looking for a bigger crowd
So I played my boogie for the people of big city
But they don't go crazy when I'm banging on my boogie"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back