The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I've been a lurker for a while, so thought I'd best join in ;)

I started out about 20 years ago on a Raleigh Mustang (15 spd black & white one), also owned 2 of the purple marble paint job Mustangs too, a couple of Claude Butlers (black & green speckled), a Falcon something or other, a Ridgeback 602 (IIRC) it got nicked 2 weeks after I got it :(

Had a break from biking for a while, than got back into it about 7 years ago. I bought a Scott Peak (which is now a mate's Dad's bike) now the owner of 3 bikes, but none retro I'm afraid (Orange Gringo '03, Orange 5 '06 & Haro F24 '07 BMX)

But...I can get my hands on the Scott any time & I have been offered a Orange Clockwork '93? (purple & orange one) which is very tempting :D

Some of you guys may know me, I use the same usernames on all forums, I'm mostly found on uk-mtb .com or out on the trails @ Dalby :LOL:

Hi everyone.

Ive just found this forum, linked to Charlie Kelly's site, which I googled after reading 'The birth of Dirt', given to me by one of our mechanics.
My partner and I run York's Bike Recycling Scheme, BikeRescue. It's a shame I hadnt found this forum earlier, as we've had some vreal lovelies come through the scheme in the year we've been going (we've taken over 1200 bikes out of the waste stream in that time!).
Most recent was a '92 GT timberline, in original green, never been offroad, and totally un-messed with. Gorgeous, and sold to a local guy for £100.
I kept for myself a Zaskar from the mid '90s, with Hope brakes and hubs - currently undergoing rebuild, and my only MountainBike out of 30-odd bike (ranging from 1898 to modern).
Currently we have a '91 Cannondale, in black with green speckle, exactrly like to bike in Richards Ultimate bicycle book. This one even has the seatpost pump, which required the saddle to be removed from the post in order to use the pump!
Just in is a Dyna-Tech Diablo titanium, with all original LX kit, so we're looking forward to refurbing that one.
They are for sale by the way! call 01904 733789 to see them, or to have a look round the depot. We also build tallbikes and other creations.

Welcome Borntoolate - may have to pop round at some point and see what ya got kicking around :)

am only overt river from you at a well known local hardware store ;)

id like to think it is but is it?

hi everyone checked the site out for a while now and have decided to become a member at last! this is my recent project(not finished yet) anyone know the age of it? done some web search but cant find much? anyway i love it regardless!! :D p.s anyone have any deore thumbies for sell??????

Attachments

• gt outpost trial.jpg
    gt outpost trial.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,604
hi,

i saw a mtn bike in 1989 and became trasfixed. actually it was something done in a backyard w/ chromoly tubes and bmx stuff all over including 24in wheels. anyway.. i thought it was magical. bought one although mine was built all wrong w/ cranks that would not fit the BB shell but i digress. that was in Brasil. 6 mo later i was already in London where i stayed for a year and bought a gt karakoram somewhere in covent garden.. didn't stop looking at bikes ever since.
i am back in rio de janeiro and i ride a fat chance wicked in rigid form, an ibis mojo 00 w/ a zokes bomber, a mikkelsen w/ on one drop bar and a pinarello road bike.
forgot how i found the site but it's cool and somehow takes me back to my days in London.

introduce yourself here II

hello all, I have been hanging around the fringe for a while lookin' at the coolest bikes around and i just joined in too! i have a dbr axis tt titanium. i am the second owner bought from a local bike shop owner who got it given to him from the dbr pro team early 90's. have updated it with more titanium bits as i am now a ti-sexual :cool: . it is ridden mainly on paths,road and hard pack gravel. i'll post a few picks as soon as my lovely wife gets home and shows me how to do it :oops: i look forward to being in the mix with you all. oh yeah, i live in suburban melbourne australia where if it gets too hot just wait a minute and it will change.

Hello,
just found this site, Im a Scot who upped sticks and moved to Sydney Australia to chase a girl. Now work as bike mechanic in Sydney and ride my 1995 kona set up as a fixie as an everyday commuter (stuck the pic up in your rides), also just inherited a slingshot frame as an new project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back