The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What dya mean 'back then '!.
I still wear tracksters.
Haha.
That photo was only taken 3 wks ago.
If you cut me in half i'm like a stick of Blackpool rock . It says 'old school ' right through the middle.

Technically 'back then' there was no specific mtb clothing. I wore ( usually) an old pr of Sergio Tacchini bottoms and a Bennetton striped rugby shirt with a wooly hat.The only bike specific thing I had was some BMX 'JT' wet weather gloves.

life was so simple then.

completely off topic ,but , i once did a job at the Branston pickle factory.Have you seen how they make that stuff?
All the ingredients go in a massive tank/swimming pool and a guy mixes it manually with a long rake type thing.
It looked like mega physical work.He was about 6'2 and had muscles in his teeth.
Dont say anything but my mate dropped a cordless drill in....
Anyway....

Old bikes .YAAAAY

Hello all,

New here,

Used to have type, gave up riding five years ago and sold my bikes, now kids are a little older getting an old bike itch again...

Steve

Hi all, thought I'd put a post on here after finding myself more than a bit addicted to all the old stuff I remember!

I live in Northampton uk, and used to ride all the time around 10 years ago. Kept my Chameleon from back then and have recently started riding it again and getting back into the swing of things. Have found though that where I used to throw myself off anything and see what happened, I now find myself weighing up how much it may hurt, whether I have work the next day or if I can afford to replace anything I break!

Andy

and a pic of my SC Chameleon...

DSC01209.jpg

hi all, Chuggy here
Newcastle (toon) area

running a 95 Parkpre Comp limited I bought new, when I was young and fit (ish) using XTR gears but with original wheels (including Pulstar hubs) seat/post
just modded it with Marzocchi forks, Mavic Crossride and Shimano 160mm disc (see wanted section for an adaptor I'm short of, please) I'l lpost a pic or two when I get a mo

looking forward to getting fit this summer in the lovely arm weather we're having

Cheers

Chuggy

Hi all,

been browsing these pages for a while since finding it by accident!

I have been reading the posts and keeping an eye on the for sale bits too.

Trouble is I have not ridden for seven years and have wanted to get back into it since I started in 1992. I will post a new thred about my bikes past and present soon...

Got hit by a car in 2001 and my beloved DBR Axis TT was stolen shortly afterwards..... Gutted, but decided to put my compensation into my career as a musician.

So thats me!

Nice to meet you all and look forward to being part of the oldtimers, erm I mean retro bikers... :oops: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back