The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Great site, I don't know where to start!
I've just got into this retro stuff after riding a privateer post Trek buy out for the last 7 years.
I'v now got a bonty Ti frame I eed to build up. Any advice on forks? (1" of course)
Thanks

Hello all. clockworkgazz put me onto the site and I'll be cursing him for many years to come ;) . Currently own a nice Massi circa '97/8/9 (can't quite remember which year I bought it!) and a 3 year old On-One. First MTB was a 1990 Fire Mountain, with quite a few other makes and models owned between then and now, nothing as nice as some of the high end exotica which others have been posting pics of but I loved them all :D .

Gonna be tackling the Massi soon as a restoration project 'cos it's got a wee bit mix 'n' match over the years, but will be taking my time as I'm going to be a student again at the grand old age of 36!

Been a member a bit but not posted much. Anyway thats due to change...

Bikes:

Cotic Soul / Pace RC41 / Hope wheelset / Hope brakes / Thomson / X9 / Race Face etc

Cotic Roadrat / Hayes brakes / Deore & Mavic wheelset / Race Face / Bontrager etc

and now...

Bontrager Race! Will have (hopefully) Pace RC31s, Hope or King SS wheelset, some nice retro SS cranks, Hope brakes, and other mix of retro/new goodies. Yum...

Steel is real :D

Dave

hi

just found this site after ebaying 'funk' & found the ti one in france for sale. don't ride any more, but still have a funk i've owned for 16 years.
some of the kit i've seen on here takes me back :D , the green trimble above looks like 1 a mate of mine built, surly there can't be that many green trimbles with proper manitu forks?
lewis

Well hello there, my names Kelly Avery, the second name may ring a bell for some of you...... well im married to Jez Avery the ex Downhill Rider from quite a number of years ago...... (god he will kill me for saying that!! ha ha). Anyway as this is about introducing yourself i will tell you about me...... (for a change!!! lol) Well im 26 years young have a 3 year old little girl who by the way is taking after her dad!! a total dare devil she is!!!! I currently work as an estate agent in the lovely little town of Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire. My biggest passion in life are horses, up until getting the estate agency job i worked with horses for 12 years as a competition groom. The other biggest passion is rugby league, it may shock some of you fellas to know that i play rugby...... shock horror!!!! ha ha and my biggest achivement in the rugby world was to play for my country as a GB player. That was all in the past before babies came along and marriage!!!! ha ha I tell ya Jez has stood for many an hour watching me play rugby in all weather!!!! I have now taken a bit of a back seat with my rugby and only play for a local womens team as i dont have the time to commit to the GB squad anymore, this way im still able to play rugby and have fun and it also fits around my family life!!!!.
oh yeh i do like bikes. But i do prefer the ones with an engine....... its soooooo much easier!!!!

Anyway i think thats just about it for now, hope to chat to some of you very soon. love Kelly.xxxx :D :D :D

hi everyone

i'm not new to the old bike thing, more of a browser than a poster but thought i'd add my experiences and show some bikes.

some of my bikes are:
86 cannondales x2, 90 klein attitude, 87 klein pinnicle, 91 klein quantum, 91 khs montana team (nos frame), 91 yeti arc, 91 beast of the east plus a couple more recent ones

i love the old bikes to have a blast, makes you remember cantilever brakes, rapidfire shifting, rubbing front deralliers and toe clips

Great forum and just discovered it last night. I’m from BC, Canada. I’ve been out of MTB’ing for a number of years now. A bad motorbike crash ruined both hips and a knee.
I just had a great day yesterday and rekindled memories from younger years. I went to a garage sale in a very small community in the middle of nowhere, a back-ass redneck town, actually. And there was a beautiful rigid MTB from my era that I had never heard of. Not that I know it all, I thought that is surely should be a little familiar, decal set showed “sunn xircuit max” on it and first dismissed it as just another Japanese bike with decent components. Looking closer, the welds were awesome. I picked it up and felt like a sub 23lb bike. Decals said “Made in France”. I was confused. It has a great wheel set with Mavic/Sachs in the rear and Mavic/ Brubz3 front. I’d also never heard of “Brubz3”. XTR and XT bits. The wheels were true, the rims showed hardly any brake wear, and with original XTR pads. I bartered and $75 later I was taking the wheels off and putting it in the GTI. An hour later at home I robbed some S&M BMX pedals off of something and was riding it around the yard with a grin from ear to ear. The thing rides awesome! I searched google and almost all the results are non-english. Except for here. I'm guessing these bikes didn't make it N. America and weren't marketed much over here? I’ll be posting in another thread asking info about this bike, but just wanted to say HI and introduce myself and how I found this forum.

Welcome all. You'll find them a friendly bunch on here.

Kelly - going to dig out some classic pics of Jez from back in the day for us then?

:D

Hi Guys

I was at MM with my Team Marin.
Just joined and looking forward to catching up on a lot of posts

Cheers

Dave

Attachments

• Team Marin.jpg
    Team Marin.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,080
Welcome, Ive just been out for a blast around town on my team marin for the first time in a year, it has sat in my cupboard in retirement since getting some of my other rides...I think that has to change...its fantastic, i'd totally forgotton just how good it was!

Mines also propped up at the front with a set of RC35's, but is a little newer than yours i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back