The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

Fitment for bushing kits:

1997 LTS-1 LTS-2 LTS-3
1998 LTS-1000 LTS-2000 LTS-3000 LTS-4000STS-1000 STS-1500 STS-2000 XR-1000

shogun":21awmqcb said:
They will be for '97+ bikes with the trunnion mounted shock.
You mean LTS/STS -97 onwards? I don't think so, especially that seatstay is totally different and doesn't have the shocks lower mount at all. Chainstay looks that it could be from earlier LTS? Could that seatstay be for GT RTS from some year? Somebody correct if I'm wrong.

FMJ":2s4pujks said:
Better shot of the chainstays and seatstays. Have a price on them now as well.

Those have no horst link so are not from an LTS. They look very similar to the stays from my 97 Mongoose VRS frame.

Baulz":38z8b4xw said:
FMJ":38z8b4xw said:
Better shot of the chainstays and seatstays. Have a price on them now as well.

Those have no horst link so are not from an LTS. They look very similar to the stays from my 97 Mongoose VRS frame.
BINGO!

I need some advice, I was riding home from work on my 1998 GT STS 1000 DS when this happened, is this something that can be welded back together or do I need to just buy a new one and if I do how much will that cost and where can I get one?

Attachments

• image (6).jpeg
    image (6).jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 327
  • image (7).jpeg
    image (7).jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 327
  • image (8).jpeg
    image (8).jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 327
  • image (9).jpeg
    image (9).jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 328
  • image (10).jpeg
    image (10).jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 327
  • image (11).jpeg
    image (11).jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 327
Re:

Ouch, you ok after that?
Best bet for a replacement is a cheap frame on ebay. Most people on here with spares hoard them like they're gold doubloons.
No idea about welding, but there's plenty of folks on here that know about these things. Maybe post a question on the main forum, not everyone follows this thread.

Re:

I am ok, more pissed than anything, it was the first time that I rode it since I updated it. I think what happened is I cracked it then when I went to peddle up a hill, the extra stress made it break.

Back