The Genesis Equil Brum Brum Project

Some more parts turned up all built now looks allot better with the extra silver bits on it. Frame protection patches applied to keep the paintwork good.

more parts and weighing DSC_2100.JPG DSC_2098.JPG

Building starts

DSC_2047.JPG DSC_2053.JPG

DSC_2050.JPG DSC_2073.JPG

DSC_2067.JPG

Took it out for the first outing after the rebuild had great fun, The newer 12-32 gearing is much better on the knees. However its looking like the long cage ultegra doesnt like shifting with the extra cog size sadly its a bit inconsistant and the play on it isnt too bad. So ive ordered an old late 90's xt mtb one to try. Its hard to find something silver that suits the bike that will do this cassette size sadly everythings grey or black.

I need to flip the stem as well and fit the carbon bar at some point.

Outing pics.

DSC_2114.JPG DSC_2115.JPG DSC_2120.JPG DSC_2126.JPG DSC_2128.JPG

Hope everyone has a good Christmas. Currently running an old XT mech on the roadie until i find another silver long cage road one.
Other upgrades are Xtr Spd pedals and wheels.
The black Aksuim's were bugging me so started hunting for something silver and eventiually found some nice very tidy mavic ksyrium elite 2012 model i think, some more weight saved. Looks so much better hoping to get a few rides in over Christmas.

Weighed the bike too should have done this at the start really. 9.5kg or 20.94Lb not bad.

Pedals

DSC_2138.JPG DSC_2148.JPG

Aksium Weight

DSC_2209.JPG

DSC_2213.JPG

pair

DSC_2216.JPG

ksyrium

DSC_2208.JPG DSC_2205.JPG DSC_2212.JPG

Latest posts

Back