The Eagle Has Landed 🦅

View attachment 865179
Stunning paint job. Both Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles signed it off as bestest paint ever.

Then they chose some vintage calipers by feel only...
View attachment 865180
Those two as consultants on such a restoration wouldn't have come cheap...
Let's not forget
"it takes a lot of time and patience to restore a bike properly."
"it will need more maintenance than a modern bike."

I dunno if someone new on here did that as an honest parts bin first project I think I’d be giving some encouragement.

As it is bent spoke and all, pitted frame, rippled 753 sticker, and don’t worry the almost full Campag Record does have the correct Campag skewer in the Shimano hub - all for the price of £849. It may have cost a fortune to build but I don’t think that fortune was close to half the asking price.

Whilst not to my liking either, the seller has found a 'niche' and with 100% satisfied customers, including the sale below, he's in tune with at least someone! 1720041254289.png

if someone paid this person £750 in the past for a 531 replica then they were probably encouraged to cobble together another hasty abomination in the hope of an equally lucrative deal. I am surprised they bother to include close up shots of the poor finish and cheapo modern components on this one - maybe they have some shame/guilt deep down and are allowing those who can tell to avoid

Back