The Broken Parts- help each other repair Thread!

scant

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Nope, this isnt a rant against broken parts! I bet theres plenty of people out there who hang onto a slightly broken part in the hope that 1 day they'll find the remaining part they need to fix it! Or an odd match, IE you have a drive side crank arm & need a non drive to match!

If we all list what we have & what we need, then maybe people can help others out & repair that long awaited component!

I'll start:
89era shimano XT r.mech, (needs back plate long arm)
front XT thumbie base (needs main thumbie shifter section)
grafton speed controller (needs the small cylinder section that locates against the spring tension grub screw)
specialized strongarm driveside chainset (need non drive)
cracked judy fsx brake arch- any use to anyone?
30mm internal circlip

I'll edit with more as I remember them! :)

Paul comp rear Derri

This part of the rear Paul derri is broken,..i will be able to use any colour
for now i took the part from teh silver Paul to get the derri working but now the silver Paul is incomplete and useless,..really a shame,...

DSC03422.jpg

DSC03423.jpg

DSC03424.jpg

DSC03395.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

this would be a good thread to sticky as long as people promised to update as necessary...

monsterfatuk":juw9srrp said:
IRD switchbacks..i need the pulleys :(

I wonder if something like the pulleys from a suntour rollercam or even the back of seattube front mech rollers on FATs would work?

Re: Paul comp rear Derri

Defiant":2ivr3od7 said:
This part of the rear Paul derri is broken,..i will be able to use any colour
for now i took the part from teh silver Paul to get the derri working but now the silver Paul is incomplete and useless,..really a shame,...

DSC03422.jpg

DSC03423.jpg

DSC03424.jpg

DSC03395.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

you might try PMing kase, he likes these mechs. would precision billet also be interchangeable? kase bought some of my broken rear precisions some time back.. might be a go-er :)

XT rear mech

I have a worn out xt mech,from 1990-91.Send me your address and i will post it to you,no charge.I was going to skip it anyway,it came on a bike i got last week,pivots worn but backplate seems fine. :D :D

Back