THE best bike you've ever seen....ever....?

my apologies (didn't mean any offence!) am not a spambot (whatever that is?) here are a couple of pics to try and make up for the damage i caused of my dream pre 1997 bikes ;) i was at the earls court bike expo back in 1992 (went with a work collegue to event) there were plenty of dream bikes there (from trimble/pace (they had mark 1 fs bike there in ano purple),chas roberts e.t.c but it was when i got to the klein stand that my heart melted.not only did they have the attitude chassis (in my favourite colour scheme horizon linear fade/my gods was it light when i picked it up :shock: :D they also has an adroit in gator linear fade.dressed up in special edition groupset,that was on a set of scales (it weighed under 19lbs i think :shock: :D was absolutely stunning! that for me is my dream bike (pre 1997 ;) please don't banish me :) p.s not my pics (or the bikes that i saw at expo) but there is always a reason to post another klein pic.
4131742834_d0665baa03_o.jpg
P6110058.jpg

racefaceec90":3t9sx3f3 said:
my apologies (didn't mean any offence!) am not a spambot (whatever that is?)

Spambot was "Hartley1" post, not you, which re-awakened a thread back from '08. Nice Kleins.

This was it for me. I had already been into Mountain Bikes for a while and had been influenced in one way or another by all kinds of bikes (Rocky Mountain, Klein, Specialized, etc) but when I turned the page to see the Barracuda A2FX in front of me, something just clicked.

A2FX.jpg

Never seen one in person, haven't even seen one online; this is it. It wasn't a prototype, they were offerred for sale in 1995.

There are countless bikes I have looked at and thought "WOW"... however, nothing had as much an impact on me as this purple Pace DH bike.
First saw it at a BMBF event at Newnham park, Plymouth - I was watching the downhill on saturday as some friends were racing... This must have been very early 90's. I was about 13 or 14.
Someone from Pace was riding it around, looked cool as.
(The bike that is, not the guy riding it.... ;) )

Attachments

• pace_460.jpg
    pace_460.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 951
boy"O"boy":3ajqe5u6 said:
For me it's got to be this.....

This one can't fail to get a 'stalk' on for any orange fanatic out there.
So inspired I've been building up it's aluminium "O" twin.
It's going to be like Gemma and Jodie Kidd...... although there from the same family, they're gonna ride completely differently!!! :D

Cheers all,
boy"O"boy

nice ,remember buying one of these new :cool: (clockwork)

For me, probably was my Pace RC200 F1 when i took delivery of it, waited 6 months for it , the anticipation was immense ,when it finally arrived it was stunning :)

Back