Swallows Return?

Some berk on STW is asking how he can get rid of the swallows nesting on his house's gable end as they are pooing on the house he is trying to sell!

So, another year on. Any sightings yet?? Always my official start to spring when I see my first Swallow. Usually around the 17th up here but a week or so late last year.

Twitcher Si

No Swallows yet, but I saw my first ducklings yesterday. Cute little fellas, all skimming around and giving their dear old mum kittens.
Aaah :D

If they have any sense they will stay at the south of france for a week or 2 yet, our woody's and blackbirds have been lining their nests though, but as the blackbirds steal our cat's food they have no shortage of nutrients.

No Swallows yet, but then everything seems late this year. Trees are only just hinting at leaf and the bluebells are expected to be 3 weeks late.

At least today it is SUNNY and WARM for the first time this year. :) :) :)

The ladybirds that have spent the winter in our house have ventured outside, so the weather must be set fair! ;)

Remember - If the Oak is out before the Ash, then you'll only get a splash, but if the Ash is out before the Oak, then you'll surely get a soak - as my school dinner lady reliably informed me! :)

The oaks round here were out first last year, and the year before that, anf the year....
Who does your dinner lady think she is - Bill Fogget?

suburbanreuben":3aa3t2q5 said:
The oaks round here were out first last year, and the year before that, anf the year....
Who does your dinner lady think she is - Bill Fogget?

I didn't say she was ever right! She also said the the rooks build their nests high in the trees we'll have a fair summer, but if they are low in the bows then it will be unsettled. I'm not sure how rooks are supposed to predict the weather months in advance though! :)

Back