Super v dh4000 any following?

yetifan

Retro Newbie
A friend had this DH4000 he got it new in 1997, rode it a bit, never raced it. Swapped the wheels and front brake.
It’s in very good condition. Rear shock needs a service.
Rest is standard.

Has a dent that was there from delivery, the box was pierced in transit.

Is there any following for these? He might sell it but not sure where. Note not my bike! I’m just trying to help him a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_7291.jpeg
    IMG_7291.jpeg
    872.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7294.jpeg
    IMG_7294.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 38
Yes there definitely would be some interest but more than likely as an ornament, nobody would want to race that down hill at its age. I’d be interested but genuinely can’t put a value on it - the market for old bikes seems to have reached its peak and is now heading ‘downhill’.

Welcome.

Yes there would be quite a lot of interest in the bike from collectors. Retro downhill bikes are gaining a lot of popularity at the moment and this is one of the more desirable bikes from bitd, shame it is not fully original, does he still have the original parts?

Price wise it is always hard to put a precise value on them, the last one I saw for sale was up for £2500, probably a bit optimistic at that price unless totally immaculate though. You can try selling on here, though you may get more interest on one of the retro downhill groups on fb.

Beautiful bikes though, glws

Yes that’s desirable and will sell easily.

Fork and chainset are worth a decent amount alone.

Join the Vintage DH group and Cannondale groups on fb. Value wise is certainly £1500-2000 from the ones I’ve seen purely due to the rare bits on it

That's very nice. Some of these were fitted with the Sachs Disc brakes. This may have been upgraded to Hope brakes?

That's very nice. Some of these were fitted with the Sachs Disc brakes. This may have been upgraded to Hope brakes?
Looks like the rear is still Sachs, front brake and hub look to both be Hope items (bulb hub?). Certainly in good condition, rare crank. One for the wall or light DH duties (with new tyres!)

Those were good times. DH / XC really started parting ways, eg DH got their first real dual crowns and riser bars, and discs started being commonplace, but still most DH bikes kept their pretty steep geo. DH tech started changing fast around there, 97-98.

Back