For Sale Stronglight 99 Triple Chainring

aphidbag

Dirt Disciple
Stronglight 99 Triple Chainring - Vintage 70's to 80's.
52, 42, 30 and 170mm crank length.
In good working order and recently used.
Looking for £40 plus postage. chainring 4.jpeg chainring 3.jpeg chainring 2.jpeg chainring 1.jpeg

Hi,
Is the extractor threading standard, or Stronglight?
I'm guessing the square taper is ISO, rather than JIS?
Is the bottom bracket also available (BSA threading)?
Are the pedal threads French or British?
Regards
Dennis.

Hi,
I've just taken the frame to get the BB removed. He told me what the extractor thread was but I forgot so I'll reply to that when he gets back to me.
The pedals are a standard thread, I put some shimano SPD's on it. I also have the old Lyotard pedals which you can also have. I think the BB thread will be BSA but will no for sure when he's removed it. Hopefully get that done tomorrow and I'll update you then. pedals 3.jpeg pedals 2.jpeg pedals 1.jpeg

Thanks for getting back to me promptly.
Also, what is the total length of the BB spindle please?
Is the current frame BB shell a standard 68mm width BSA? If so, I am guessing the BB spindle total length is somewhere between 120-125mm?
Subject to an appropriate Bottom Bracket being available, I am interested in buying the Chainset.
Looking forward to hearing further from you.
Regards
Dennis.

Happy to but failing Yorkie not wanting, will do nicely for my Peugeot

Thanks

Smigg

Hi,
I think I've found a Bottom Bracket for your Chainset, so confirm I would like to buy it please.
Let me know the total cost, along with payment details. I'll them pm my address.
With Grateful Thanks.
Dennis.

Hi,
I think I've found a Bottom Bracket for your Chainset, so confirm I would like to buy it please.
Let me know the total cost, along with payment details. I'll them pm my address.
With Grateful Thanks.
Dennis.
OK thanks for that. I meant to say you can also have the BB. The price will be £40 plus postage. Hopefully I'll get the BB back today and I will include that in the £40. Once I know the postage charge I'll reply again.
Paul

Hi Paul,
My grateful thanks. I look forward to receiving and using it. I don't think I can pm you with my address, maybe because you're new-ish on here? If you posted an email address, perhaps we can arrange payment etc. via that? Please let me know.
Again many thanks
Dennis.

Hi Paul,
My grateful thanks. I look forward to receiving and using it. I don't think I can pm you with my address, maybe because you're new-ish on here? If you posted an email address, perhaps we can arrange payment etc. via that? Please let me know.
Again many thanks
Dennis.
Hi Dennis, Just got the frame back. Unfotunately the BB had to be cut out. The spindle length was 116mm but Carl seemed to think the chainset would take 118mm as standard. Also the extractor thread is standard and the BB thread is BSA. Anyway I can get it wrapped up and posted on Monday when I can let you know what the postage cost will be. My email is paul_lucas1962@yahoo.co.uk.
Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul,
Hope your frame wasn't damaged removing the BB.
Thanks for the information on the spindle length and extractor thread pitch.
I'll email you with my address. When you have the total cost, please email me it, together with your payment method so that I can pay you.
My grateful thanks for everything.
Kind Regards.
Dennis.

Back