Strange specialized frame

getin

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Seller says it came like this second hand, and thinks its a promo/test frame. never seen one like it before. dropouts look cheep with nasty welding.

There was one just like this on ebay a few months ago, exactly the same design but in red. He said it was a copy back then, so I'm assuming this is too, but I'm not putting my name to it ;)

Specialized would also use a 34.9 seatclamp, not a 31.8, as it would definately have a 30.9 seatpost for an M5 frame.

Thought I recognised that rear dropout.......

!BpLuFWgCGk~$(KGrHqQH-DoEuZHZuVkqBLqSgc0ov!~~_12.JPG

1242383967198-1mwp9mazodmay-500-90-500-70.jpg

Carrera Fury - exactly the same rear end, but different front.

Someone in China is busy :LOL:

ajantom":30ch39m5 said:
Thought I recognised that rear dropout.......

!BpLuFWgCGk~$(KGrHqQH-DoEuZHZuVkqBLqSgc0ov!~~_12.JPG

1242383967198-1mwp9mazodmay-500-90-500-70.jpg

Carrera Fury - exactly the same rear end, but different front.

Someone in China is busy :LOL:
but no like, really though, someones gonna buy a halfords bike thinking they getting something special, thats just really not right and makes me in my drunken state feel very sad :cry: :cry:

I have been in contact with the seller about this, and advised him that it might be a fake. He hasn't flagged this or pulled the auction, so we'll see what happens.

Luckily I think anyone willing to drop £270 on a 2nd hand S-Works frame will probably know what they should look like.

Back