STOLEN 1999 GT Zaskar

slug

Dirt Disciple
I have had my 1999 GT Zaskar in silver stolen in Bedfordshire, this bike is kitted out with blue hope parts, blue Rockshox, carbon handle bars, xtr through out, custom hope hub wheels

If any sees this for sale please let me know

Many thanks

Like everyone else reading your post I can't help but hope you get it back as Stolen Bike news is just utterly depressing but clearly a risk we all face....photos of your bike posted here may help - watch the for sale ads in your local papers and Gumtree postings for your area....also to help prevent thefts could you tell us if it was locked and if so which lock was used....another forum I belong to has started compiling lists of the better/most indestructible locks....best of luck to you

Out of a garage, the bolts where croppered off and door crowbared :(

I'll have a search for some pictures

Really sorry to read that.....only an opinion but I would say that it's some local scum :evil: who has seen you about on the bike or followed you home to see where it's kept......unfortunately suffered the same with my tools....moved them to my garage on a Saturday and by Wednesday they were gone along with two boltcropped padlocks - again must have been local scum :evil:....have you told the plod ?

As a lot of you know I now have nearly, well I won't mention the price but my insurance company are not happy. A lot of expnsive machines and they are kept safe due to technology with alarms and cameras.

All I can say after many years of wiseness is never take your bike where you have to use a lock. That is a no no. Second aways keep your bike where you feel the person who is trying to steal it will have to come past you IE hyour bedroom or living room.

To me bikes are my life, and the girl or family I have around me know this and except sometimes your bike comes first.

I do appreciate that I am a lucky spoilt brat and have many rooms wit in my big house and grounds to make my life easier. Please take my advise, if you can't see your bike then good luck finding it when it's gone. You don't need a lock just think before you store your baby. I know this due to the fact that I store several with a passion. I even have the community officer involved. Ha ha

Thanks andy

Spot on :( fact but you have to almost sleep with anything that you care about nowadays :shock: I caught two scum vandalising my neighbours golf gti last year and gave them a slap to remember :evil: This is the only way forward I am afraid :shock:

I find it very sad that people rely on locks. Crack heads have ways around all locks. Sorry but that is the truth.

You are at one when on the bike so why should you not be as one when off the bike. We don't call it a baby for nothing. Would you lock your child up outside tesco. A bit extreme but you spend a lot of time and effort on that machine

Back