SS cogs - What are ya using?

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As above.....seen lots that look nice....Surly, Gusset, London Fixie, Shimano DX, On-One Groove Armada.

What's good, what's not and why?

Surly 18 and 20T for me.

They do the job well and last well too - all you could ask for really. I wish they had been half the price but isn't that the same with everything.... :roll:

Shimano DX, a BMX forum suggested for the money they were the best, though you can move up the tree to white's and such. Think HarryB had a nice one too.

Curve ball Q if that's OK :) , I'm thinking of SSing my Identiti dr Jekyll, is it simply a case of getting cassette off with cassette tool, shortening the chain n go?

new cog kit fit right on? easy peasy? hoping tensioner not needed as its got adjustable dropouts for small/big wheels. :)

Also to keep it retro I'm getting the Raleigh Apex back too so had ideas there too :D

thanks

rody":2o8c4iwo said:
White Industries Eno.

+1...and pair it with the matching Eno eccentric hub and you'll have the bee's knees. only helpful if you've got a freewheel threaded hub of course...

if you're on a cassette conversion, you can't go wrong with the surly. very solid, and stainless steel is nice.

Try-all threaded Freewheel...'cause I couldn't get a WI quick enough...seems a quality item.
Trying very hard not to buy a Eno double-double.. :roll: already have Eno cranks...very nice.

Latest posts

Back