Spring classics, 2016

Re:

Och, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's not the same without his chatter. :(

Those one liners in that link are absolutely priceless!!

“It’s about as useful as a chocolate chainring”

“Rough end of a ragman’s trumpet”

“He goes round corners like a fifty-pence piece”

“He’s so far down on GC you could time him in with a calendar”

:LOL:

Re:

What a race!, got to have been the most exciting edition for many years, a five up sprint finish after 250km+ of racing, this is exactly why the spring classics are my favourite races. These guys embody Rule No.5 :D .

....and the winner, a thirty seven year old aussie on his 16th(?) attempt, who was reportedly 800/1 at the start. I sincerely hope that there's a sentimental aussie cycling fan, who enjoys a flutter, sitting at home right now not quite believing their good fortune!.

We were screaming our lungs out at Stannard at this point. Fantastic!.

Matt

Attachments

• sector 4.jpg
    sector 4.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 348
Yes best of recent times in my opinion.
What a race. Fair play to Boonen, he made the race, Stannard so close, Rowe has got to get close in one soon.
Brilliant

Re:

Great race!

Kept off this thread until I saw the recorded race. All of it. Over several nights! :LOL:

I was away, doing an 8 1/4hr mtb ride in the Cotswolds on Sunday!

The low point for me :roll:

Couldn't predict the result at all, right up until the end. Five riders, on their knees, attacking all the way, brilliant!

Sorry to hear about Duffers, too :( I liked his commentaries a lot more, I have to say

Mike

Re:

what's the helmet number Mike? Was it an event you were riding?
Plus I like that youre riding in proper riding gear, not baggies

Re: Re:

reindeer":3hykcswv said:
First time I see disc brakes on road bikes in pro cycling. I didn't realise that it's allowed from this year on. :eek:

you will not see disc brakes on road bikes any longer this season - the UCI banned them after Francisco Ventoso, Team Movistar, crashed at Paris - Roubaix and badly hurts his knee at the disc rotor of another riders bike.

http://www.procycling.no/skrekkskade-st ... vebremser/

besides that and other crashes it was a great race and for the first time I was watching the entire race on Eurosport with co-commentator Jens Voigt.

great pic. Mike ;)

Re:

It was an organized ride mate, Hell of North Cotswolds, or HONC .There's an aftermath thread. 50 or 100km. I did the 100. I NEVER wear baggies. My FFC jersey will never be the same again! Still stained after two washes!

Thanks Magas, you can blame the thorn in the tyre for that photo! Grrr!

Re: Re:

magas":2puzycjc said:
reindeer":2puzycjc said:
First time I see disc brakes on road bikes in pro cycling. I didn't realise that it's allowed from this year on. :eek:

you will not see disc brakes on road bikes any longer this season - the UCI banned them after Francisco Ventoso, Team Movistar, crashed at Paris - Roubaix and badly hurts his knee at the disc rotor of another riders bike.

http://www.procycling.no/skrekkskade-st ... vebremser/

besides that and other crashes it was a great race and for the first time I was watching the entire race on Eurosport with co-commentator Jens Voigt.

great pic. Mike ;)

That hasn't been verified yet. Shame on the UCI to jump all over something that's completely unverifiable - even the guy who got clobbered agrees it might not have been a disc rotor, and not sorting out the issues with motos.

shame really, they've been amazing so far

Re:

I can't see disc brakes becoming the norm for Paris Roubaix, the conditions are never bad enough that the rims get covered in mud.
Was there anyone on a cx bike with cantis this year?

Mike

Back