Spring classics, 2016

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1b2kjvnq said:
Great race!

Kept off this thread until I saw the recorded race. All of it. Over several nights! :LOL:

I was away, doing an 8 1/4hr mtb ride in the Cotswolds on Sunday!

The low point for me :roll:

Couldn't predict the result at all, right up until the end. Five riders, on their knees, attacking all the way, brilliant!

Sorry to hear about Duffers, too :( I liked his commentaries a lot more, I have to say

Mike
That's pic's not just coming on to the Carrefour de L'arbre is it Mike?

Re:

I wish it were mate! :LOL: May have got some help from the locals, wearing a French national team jersey. There wasn't even a puddle to wash the wheel off in. :roll:

Amstel this week then.

Sagan?

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2ayuwm3w said:
I can't see disc brakes becoming the norm for Paris Roubaix, the conditions are never bad enough that the rims get covered in mud.
Was there anyone on a cx bike with cantis this year?

Mike

besides Paris Roubaix, there are controversal discussions in general, wether discs are better then rimbrakes. In the end the bike industry will tell the riders what brakes they have to use. Also they will put pressure to the UCI to allow the use of discs again. In the end its all about money - Selling bikes is there business.

Didn't spot any riders with cantis that year, but I spot some riders with a single additional brake lever on the bar tops - CX style like the previous years.

Re:

Surprised to se that Kwiatkowski was blown out before the finale of Amstel!

Good to see the pros getting rained on, too! :LOL:

I thought that Gilbert would have been up for it.

Fleche tomorrow, set the recorder folks!

Mike

Well none of us got the Amstel Gold result correct.
I must admit to being a bit underwhelmed by the race; perhaps that was inevitable after such a thrilling Paris Roubaix.
I'm lucky to have been able to arrange my work schedule such that I can work from home tomorrow with Fleche Wallone on quietly in the background

Re:

I remember before Eurosport trying to pick up race commentary /reports on Paris Roubaix from French radio! Couldn't make out a lot, just listened out for names! We used to do the same when driving between vantage points to see the race live.
Forget Flanders though! Never found radio commentary for that!
Not actually been to the Ardennes.
Will someone do the double?

Mike

It'd be nice to see Steve Cummings add a classics win to his palmares, he's having a good start to his season and doesn't mind it hilly.

Back