Spinergy Xyclone Enduro Wheels hubs

gysot

Dirt Disciple
Ive got a set of Spinergy Xyclone Enduro wheels with a front through axle and a 9mm QR rear.

Planning on fitting to a 2013 Stumpy Evo which is 12x142 so wondered if the rear hub could be converted to a through axle or not....ive looked online and doesn't seem to be much info and some say yes and others say no it cant be done.

The wheels came with 9mm QR front and rear and a pair of through axles 1 20mm and 1 15 mm which i was told was a front/rear but from research only line they are both for the front although one is wider than the other,as i dont have any forks yet to try is the 20mm axle wider on front forks ?

Just incase anyone else is searching for the same thing as me ive found out a 142 x 12 Straight through axle conversion can be bought direct from Spinergy/USA.

gysot":wtzjc5lh said:
Just incase anyone else is searching for the same thing as me ive found out a 142 x 12 Straight through axle conversion can be bought direct from Spinergy/USA.

Can you please provide more details?

I am looking for this very kit for my rear Xyclone (currently a QR) to make it a 12x142.

Thank You.

Nothing more i can say really,its a simple case of removing the Qr axle and fitting the Straight through axle which took about 5 mins to do.

gysot":1k74ddic said:
Nothing more i can say really,its a simple case of removing the Qr axle and fitting the Straight through axle which took about 5 mins to do.

After I posted I started emailing Spinergy. I am blown away to their customer service level. I have the parts needed to convert my Xyclones (front and rear) coming soon. This company is flat out amazing.

Thanks for the info.

Totally agree with you. I spoke to a guy called Jo who bent over backwards to help me with my old Spox R1 front wheel

Could you pass on any contact details for Spinergy. I have had the opposite experience trying to get some spokes and was passed from pillar to post and finally gave up after the UK distributer failed to respond to numerous emails about the subject. Sounds like things have changed and I'd like to give it another crack.

ishaw":14uw51og said:
Could you pass on any contact details for Spinergy. I have had the opposite experience trying to get some spokes and was passed from pillar to post and finally gave up after the UK distributer failed to respond to numerous emails about the subject. Sounds like things have changed and I'd like to give it another crack.

PM me if you want. You can find most of the techs on their US based facebook page. I reached out there first and it was a smooth ride from that point.

Best of luck.

Back