Specialized Ultimate

mintsauce84

Retro Newbie
I've decided to part with my Ultimate. I took a few quick pics with my phone the other day just to show a chap that was interested the bike, but I need to pull my finger out and clean her up and take some propper pics (update coming soon(tm) )
I beleive its the 94 frame but not 100% sure.
I got it with the rigid forks, but have some PACE RC36s 1" steerer tube on there that I'll sell it with. The rigid forks I'm told are at my parents place in London, but I cant verify it as I'm in Norway at the moment. If someone buys it I'll look into getting the forks for them.

The frame has some slight scratches, but nothing significant and that left STI came worse away when I went A over T in some woods once, but otherwise other than a wash it's Lovely.

I've Loved this frame, its a beauty both to look at and ride.

Build includes syncros seat pin
x-lite ti seat bolt
XTR V brakes, mechs and STI units
hope bigun front hub and XT rear hub on mavic 121 cermaics
Middleburn RS3 cranks 175 off the top of my head
PACE RC36 forks I bought from the pace guys out of the factory, I beleive they fiddled with them and the innards of the fork are from a later model
Control tech stem
Specialized thermoplastic bar

What kind of price would this get nowadays? and is anyone interested?

2uhsig8.jpg

xqe0bd.jpg

2w1ryoy.jpg

Re:

19" I Believe

I just got home, looks like I have a canecreek aheadset and KORE titanium skewers on there too. I think the pedals are the M520s the saddle on there is a specialized avatar gel saddle.

One of my favorites!
There is someone - pati7de - who has been looking for an 18" or 19" for a while.

so I guessed the correct size then ;)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=318118

I'd say your asking price is about right. maybe borderline cheap. sell the frame on ebay & offer worldwide delivery & I wouldnt be surprised to see the frame alone sell for £1200 (to either US, germany or switzerland

Yeah man, you did :)

I dropped the price to shift it quicker and because the frame was in slightly worse condition that I originally thought, but if it doesnt go here for the new price it might very well be Ebayed

Back