specialized ground control frame + extras 120 BIN

why do people say 'sorry no paypal too expensive' when it means they get a lower price for their bike and so lose out even more in the end?? :roll:

yet they accept cheque, postal order and bankers draft which all involve the seller travelling to a bank to que up and pay the money in then log into their online banking to see if the payment has cleared, surely that costs more if you put a value on your time,

amt27":1e467jev said:
surely that costs more if you put a value on your time,

Agreed - just factor it into your price. Worth it for hassle factor anyway!

mind you, paypal fees are pretty disgusting,

I have been meaning to calculate this for a while,
How many transactions would it take for £100 of money in paypal to go entirely to paypal in fees?

answer
84, based on a premiere account 3.4%+20p per transaction in fees

Paypal is nothing compared to bank fees for sending money abroad. I wanted to pay a guy in Germany about 300euros for something, Natwest wanted anywhere from £30 to £15 depending on how long I wanted the transaction to take...compared to that paypal is cheap, and very easy..

Hilts":4qyuq2js said:
Paypal is nothing compared to bank fees for sending money abroad. I wanted to pay a guy in Germany about 300euros for something, Natwest wanted anywhere from £30 to £15 depending on how long I wanted the transaction to take...compared to that paypal is cheap, and very easy..

lloyds bank is a lot cheaper than that ^^^. I only accept paypal as a surprising amount of people pay via credit card, IE they dont readily have the funds. jezs old ebay ID was "frigging pirates" which just about sums up paypal ;)

scant":3rtcxii1 said:
Hilts":3rtcxii1 said:

lloyds bank is a lot cheaper than that ^^^. I only accept paypal as a surprising amount of people pay via credit card, IE they dont readily have the funds. jezs old ebay ID was "frigging pirates" which just about sums up paypal ;)

isnt it the credit card company that charges the typical 3% and not Paypal? PP certainly adds a bit too and their currency conversion rate sucks but PP is still free if you transfer money from one private account to another (i.e. no credit card is involved). my PP account is linked to my bank account and was free until i had to upgrade to accept credit card payments.

Carsten

Raaagh!!
I had the same frame ten years ago! Light, nervous, my first suspension frame! I did my better races with it!
The problem of this frame is the black part which support the seatpost: there was a default on it and the seatpost wasn't in the axe of the frame.
Be carreful of that if you want to buy it!!
Sorry for my poor english!

Back