Special delivery - Brodie in the garage

FMJ":2ele2qe5 said:
Done, for the most part. Just waiting on the Bs the helpful guys at Brodie sent me for the fork. Will take it out for a ride in the woods on the weekend, get a few shots, then do a final build thread.

s12.jpg

Very nice!

I have a Sovereign that is the same color, and probably the same model year. I am guessing it is a 1996, which was built with suspension corrected geometry. I finally found a Gatorblade fork. It should arrive tomorrow. The question I have is whether the Gatorblade will be correct for the 1996 geometry. I think that all Gatorblades are designed for frames that are not suspension corrected. I hope I am wrong, or else I won't be able to match the frame and fork.

roc6839":10l27n8a said:
What is the serial #.
Is there any decals on the non drive side chain stay?

I can't find a serial number on it. There's no decals on the non-drive chain stay. Apparently my buddy has an old receipt of his brother's from 95.

Nice bike.
The number should be on the bb close to the base of the chain stays. should 4 digit and very faint.
I have this decal on my Sovereign.

Attachments

• IMG_8610.JPG
    IMG_8610.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 657
markoc":1dmlmfks said:
Is that a Golf Rallye peeking out in one of the pics?

Yeah. Took the cover off last night after the winter's hibernation. It's pretty dusty. Needs to be washed.

2210ac15.jpg

The Bs came in the mail from Brodie.

s1.jpg

Done.......maybe. Still not sold on the Graftons.

s5.jpg

I like the Graftons. What's niggling you about them? too silver?

If this were in my garage, I'd be thinking about some barends. ;)

Back