Sourcing dropout adjuster screws

Ross 1964

Devout Dirtbag
My 1984 Raleigh frame is now stripped to go to the paintshop.

The (Suntour) rear dropout adjusters were a pig to get out and have been damaged in the process.

Does anyone know where I might source a pair of these? The knurled end knobs are intact and can be reused if needed so it's just the machine screws I need.

Thanks for any help!

They are standard 3 mm screws, nothing unusual about most of them, although some did have a bifurcated tip which better grasped the knurled cap. They do come up on ebay quite often.

I have a few complete sets with screws, caps and springs which seems to be much more than you need.

Ross 1964":2appr0d4 said:
My 1984 Raleigh frame is now stripped to go to the paintshop.

The (Suntour) rear dropout adjusters were a pig to get out and have been damaged in the process.

Does anyone know where I might source a pair of these? The knurled end knobs are intact and can be reused if needed so it's just the machine screws I need.

Thanks for any help!

what length do you need?

gavr, thanks for the info. Mine are 38mm overall length. I've had them screwed right in so longer or equal length would be fine. What size do you have?

Ross 1964":2x3r8sfx said:
gavr, thanks for the info. Mine are 38mm overall length. I've had them screwed right in so longer or equal length would be fine. What size do you have?

I have a NOS campag pair, 37 mm inc springs but missing the shiny caps if that's any good...

What a great forum this is, populated by thoroughly good people.

Gavr, you're a gent, thanks for sending those screws through, you've been a great help.

Ross 1964":3cv1mjm1 said:
What a great forum this is, populated by thoroughly good people.

Gavr, you're a gent, thanks for sending those screws through, you've been a great help.

Happy to help. I like the little campag paper packets they come in...

Back