Something of a dilemma...

misquote

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I've recently joined, may have seen me mention this elsewhere.

I'm attempting to do up my '96 Koa with new kit. The only thing I'm not too sure about is what to do with the colour...

I'm getting black Mavics laced to black XTs on black spokes with blue nipples (any suggestions for blue hubs appreciated).
I've got some old black 'Zocchi Z4s, 24Seven Dark Angel bars and a big Tioga DH saddle.
I'm also getting blue skewers, seat clamp. middle ring and stem spacer...basically I'm going for black with blue highlights.

Now...the frame. When I came up with those bits and bobs, I was dead set on getting it powdercoated black...but now I'm not too sure. I've grown hesitant about getting rid of the lovely red but it's looking a bit worse for wear...

Any opinions welcomed! :)

-Mark

yeah, i think black and blue would look a little like a bruise! assuming the ano all matches then a lighter shade of blue than the ano could be good or the old faithful white but that has been done to death recently! :D

or a really nice silver? :?

it's always hard deciding what colour to choose

ooh, now that candy red might have wings.

Perhaps something like this Harley?
DSC05863-s.JPG

Maybe switch out the blue nipples for red, on a red hub...or would the inevitably slightly different shades just clash? Maybe a black hub? Grr

The only thing that made me lean towards the blue is I may be able to get hold of replicas of the original blue Koa decals (from the brilliant Gil :D )

Forks are a year previous to these (i think) but similar enough...http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/41886-marzocchi-bomber-2001-z4s.html

Candy red/blue ano and black will go. I'm not a big fan of paint and ano matching.

LeeDevelopment":2e7ri4u2 said:
I was going to say pink as well..... all jokes aside I reckon a deep rich metallic pink would kick arse.

I wasn't joking,I'm seriously contemplating having the Cinder Cone I've just built up powder coated pink or orange,just need to get some rides on it first to see if I like it before spending anything on it :D

Latest posts

Back