For Sale (SOLD) Rare 1992 Selle San Marco Titanio Saddle, Bontrager designed, Italia Flite Ti

Fifthgrace

Retro Guru
You don't come across these Selle San Marco Titanio Saddles very often, and are said to have been designed with the input of MTB cyclist Keith Bontrager (now a Trek brand). Dating from the early 1990s they were the equivalent of the Selle Italia Flite, and weigh in at around 200g making them a great lightweight saddle, yet still having some high density padding for a comfortable ride. All were PVC covered (PVC was torn) and I have recovered this one in automotive perforated leather- the same leather as supplied to Bentley Motors, which is thicker than bicycle grade. The saddle shape is highly distinctive. Features short nose and squared- off, lipped rear, plus titanium rails. If you can find one, you will see these saddles being sold for up to £150 in poor condition e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225901465582 .My recovering isn't perfect yet as I've just started out, but is pretty good, and I only use high grade leathers and glues. Date stamp on saddle is 1992. Asking £55 posted to UK or £50 +postage for overseas. I've even now started doing Selle Italia Flow Carbonio saddles with cut-outs (see final pic :) -already sold). P1060524c.jpg
P1060523c.jpg
P1060521c.jpg
P1060446c.jpg

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice job. and a fair price too. GLWS.

Looking to do a saddle restoration myself. Can you tell me what thickness of leather you used, and what glue?

Nice job. and a fair price too. GLWS.

Looking to do a saddle restoration myself. Can you tell me what thickness of leather you used, and what glue?
Thanks-trade secrets I'm afraid, but I recommend when starting as thin as you can find as it's easier to apply and you'll need a contact adhesive. Perforated is much harder as you have to align pattern and the stretch is more challenging, so stick with a plain fine grain leather finish. There's approaching 3hrs manual work in the San Marco: cleaning/stripping/templating/cutting/stretching/gluing/ trimming/ applying a final finish

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back