SOLD - 1998 Klein Attitude Race XTR - SOLD

Bowner

Retro Newbie
I'm selling my lovely Klein as I need to clear some space. It's a 1998 model which is post Trek takeover but still made in the factory at Chehalis WA. Cables are routed along the top tube as you can see in the pics.

Size - 16" centre to top of collar
Forks - Marzocchi Bomber
Rear Mech - XTR
Front Mech - LX
Shifters - XT
Brakes - XTR V brakes
Brake levers - Sram 9.0
Wheels - Sunrim Sub IV on LX hubs
Chainset - Raceface Prodigy XC (double)

A couple of years ago I bought some new FSA XC281 bars, a Kore stem, new grips and fitted it with a Bonty seatpin. These components have hardly seen any action.

The frame is a classic and the Klein paintjob is fantastic. There are some chips as you would expect and also it has lost some bottle cage bosses but apart from that it's got no dents and looks pretty shiny. I've hardly used it since buying from a guy who only used it on the road hence it has a double rather than triple chainset. The bike needs some attention from being unused for a while. The shifters are not working properly at the moment but would probably be ok after some attention. Bottom bracket and headset are in good health. The bike is in reasonable condition, it needs attention but nothing is rusty or degraded.

I'm in West Wales but travel along the M4 to Bath fairly frequently.

Looking for £400 as that seems to be the going rate but open to offers.

Attachments

• Klein01.JPG
    Klein01.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 938
  • Klein04.JPG
    Klein04.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 938
  • Klein02.JPG
    Klein02.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 937
  • Klein03.JPG
    Klein03.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 938
Re: 1998 Klein Attitude Race XTR

It's too new to be in this forum, it should be in 98+.....lovely machine though and a lot of bike for the money :)

Oops sorry I didn't realise there was a 1998+ forum too. Will link to this ad from there or mods to move please.

I'm about 5'7. 5'8 on a good day! Probably fine down to 5'5 but not much more than 5'9 I guess.

Latest posts

Back