So, would u buy a bike which is a little to big?

Fishymtb

Dirt Disciple
So - there's this lovely bike which can be had for a pretty good price. The top tube length is ok, but it was custom for someone with long legs. for me though, I would have zero stand over clearance. It's a 29er. Can I? Should I?

80% gravel and the rest for light trails.

Thanks!

Re:

I would leave it ....
I have bought a bike before that was a tad too big because price was good ....Did not enjoy riding it and ended up selling it again :facepalm:

Re:

Agreed. If it's too big, it will not be a nice ride. I made that mistake too.

Not only is there the standover height to worry about, you'll most likely be seriously stretched out as well because frames tend to get longer as they get bigger.

I have a bike that is too long and like others have said, its not much fun, but if the top tube fits you like you said, then you should be alright. As for the frame clearance, well, it is very useful and pain free, to have some clearance, and the more technical the riding/terrain then the more of an advantage the clearance becomes. I would say look around for another more suited to your size first :D

Mark

No, would be too much like going back to my teens. "Don't worry son, you'll grow into it."

30 years later and I'm still not tall enough for a 23" frame.

mattr":dnx5hfzv said:
No, would be too much like going back to my teens. "Don't worry son, you'll grow into it."

30 years later and I'm still not tall enough for a 23" frame.

Spot on! :LOL:

Re:

Thanks chaps!

Was teetering on the edge. In fact halfway I almost convinced myself I can make it happen. ;-)

U guys helped. Will wait for the next right sized one.

Cheers!

Back