So what do Retro Bikers drive??

Re: Re:

sinnerman":19g95uiz said:
Not everyday, but great over the A35.
Hubba, hubba...

I think you just became my personal hero.

Attachments

• Speedster_.jpg
    Speedster_.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 290
Recently sold this 1999 A6 for £450 -

And bought this 2007 A6 for much more -

Not overly happy at the moment - i miss the old car and the new one is annoying me.

Richard

Re:

Why did you sell the old one so cheaply ? High mileage ? Fcuked ? Looks ok to me Richard

Re:

orange71":37ahmlmz said:
I have a Saab 9000 2.3 Turbo (full blown)... practical family car that goes like the proverbial! :D

I used to have one of those, kept it for 8 years! Used to be able to wheelspin at 60mph on the motorway in the wet. Saab spent all their money on power mods and nothing on the chassis. Overtaking you never need to pull out, the torque steer does the job for you. :shock:

Faster in a straight line than a 528i, also faster into the woods on the first corner. My best moment with it was doing 90mph up a steep bit of dual carriageway overtaking a string of caravans on the A35 while towing a boat. The trailer had special German wheels with Z-rated trailer tyres. :LOL:

Mike,

Old age and pressure from the wife! The car had 203,000 miles on it and rust was appearing on the wheel arches. My mechanic bought it from me which proves he thought it was mechanically sound. I spoke to him last week and he is really pleased with it - 50 mpg is hard to beat. The new car is not as economical and this is annoying me a lot. He has an S8 which is not very economical - 12pmg (driving it easy).

Richard

I've had this for almost six years now -

20100629-P1000412.jpg

Back