So what did your bike cost you BITD then?

Gruff":1ts4j06p said:
Also bought from Sensible Bike Company in Liss Hampshire :)

My recollections are that it was a great shop. Very friendly staff (owners I think) who remembered me every time I was there, asked how the bike was and gave me a decent discount on everything I subsequently bought from them. Just a shame I only lived nearby for about a year.

If only all LBSs could be as good. :D

Mine was my Alpinestars CroMega DX from butler Cycles in Southsea.

£549 and it took me about 6 months of paper round money to pay for it... :oops:

Bought my DBR WCF in the sales late '95 for around £750 iirc, I've still got it.....in bits at the mo'.....but I'll keep it forever.

firedfromthecircus":241gvbb8 said:
Gruff":241gvbb8 said:
Also bought from Sensible Bike Company in Liss Hampshire :)

My recollections are that it was a great shop. Very friendly staff (owners I think) who remembered me every time I was there, asked how the bike was and gave me a decent discount on everything I subsequently bought from them. Just a shame I only lived nearby for about a year.

If only all LBSs could be as good. :D

The owner "Tizzy" was a great bloke who always rode with us on Saturdays & always gave great discounts if you were a regular :)

Unfortunately he moved the shop to nearby Petersfield but it was never the same & he ended up having a nervous breakdown & the shop closed :(
The original shop building is still there with its painted mural over the door :)

Anyway better get this thread back on track :oops:

I had a Saracen green frame with shimanou brakes front and rear. Bought from b&n cycles Walton on the hill. sadly I was young and bought into a big frame-21" inch, i'm now 35 and 5'9"!lol. Cost about £550 my dad has it now in his garage lol!

The 1st bike that I bought (having had a few bought for me by parents/grand parents ;) ) was a 1989 Diamond Back Ascent for £300 with staff discount (shop was selling them for £350) from 'Pedals' in Bournemouth.

Merlin Mountain #389

6229940616_98cba87e41_o.jpg

I bought my first MTB in 1990. I was after a gold Kona Cindercone, but they weren't available due to their claim from Koga bikes. I went for a Specialized Stumpjumper instead. I still have it! After some saving I bought it for 1999 guilders!

No pics of it from the 90's, but this is the one:

GroteFoto-TDD8VZCD.jpg

First bike when I was about 14 I guess was a Saracen Sahara Elite 92 model bought from Biketreks when Andy had the tiny little workshop behind the golf course. Seem to remember it being £250. Then a bit later I bought an ex Biketreks riders Orange E2. It was £650 I think and the lightest thing I'd ever felt..

Latest posts

Back