so i started a bike shop. update 31/07/24

Hope all goes to plan Jon.

I'd like to be there for your opening day do if I can - health permitting!

All the best
wad

hey gents,

yeah this last month has been a nightmare of idiot solicitors etc. for example the solicitor emailed the documents, i printed the documents, i signed the documents, sent them to him, he said they were in the wrong format, i printed off directly what you sent to me so if the format is wrong it's because you sent it to me in the wrong format . . . the issues like this have been going on for a while. i finally got annoyed and sent a reply email to a group email of the landlord, the old tenant and the solicitor that made no bones about the fact i was annoyed with the delays that were down to the solicitor, low and behold the documents will be with me tomorrow to actually get signed but in the meantime i have been given access so that i can get phones/internet/locks/electrical done.

so last day for me working in the current location is tomorrow, the 18th, then i close, start moving the stock etc to the new place, then i close for a week while i'm holiday, then i'll be open on the 1st of august, a tuesday, then my plan is to have a bit of a party on saturday the 5th, if everything works out i'll have some promotional muc-off freebies etc.

so anyway, the lights are fitted, that was 800 odd quid!

shop lights.jpg

ok so more progress, I have now closed at my original location, i have started putting fixtures in at the new place, the alarm and extra locks are going in in the morning, then i will fill it with the stock, it's gonna be a mammoth task, some friends are helping tomorrow with a flatbed with a tail lift for things like the parts washer and the workshop bench/toolbox etc, once those are in it's just the physical move of stuff and putting it out and organising it. one thing that has surprised me is that i may have less room, mainly because i can only have one main wall of stock down stairs, we managed to fit 7 4ft x 8ft slatwall panels, when i think about it in the old shop i have maybe 13 panels, this is because it was 2 units knocked in to one so there is a dividing wall between them giving extra wall space on either side. i'm sure i'll work it out but i think it might be tight but then i need to reduce stock, i have way too much so as i sell stuff i just won't replace as much!

that said i have realised that my shimano/sram stock that is usually in my back stockroom is gonna have to go upstairs, i'm going to create a section up there for it that will be sort of hidden, it'll make sense when i get pics sorted!

i now only have till friday to get it all sorted as i'm off on holiday!

needless to say, i'm a bit stressed!😦

Back