shop3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 910
  • shop2.jpg
    shop2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 911
  • shop1.jpg
    shop1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 910
Congratulations and commiserations. It's good to hear of your success, but that workload sounds like it's been brutal. Well done, you deserve it.

Re:

First off, bravo and a massive chapeau!

Second, can I order a couple of Kona tees? I need to replace my well worn est.1988 one.

Third, my LBS team echoed everything you've mentioned including the break-in attempts. Like you they had insane volumes of repairs, with a polar opposite range of one-off rarities next to BSO write-offs.

Re:

@greencat, yeah it has been crazy, but at the same time i'm still glad i opened the shop, there are days when you wish people would sod off! but those people are few and far between, although they have been on the increase during this last 8 months, i'm sick of arguing with people about masks in the shop etc, people still getting too close etc. but overall most people are fine.

@Al, yeah give me a shout, i have all the Kona T's in at the moment, there are 6 designs in total, i may not have all the sizes in every design but i can post them out to you, shop number is 02380 890712, tuesday to saturday, they come up small though so i'd say go a size up.

@LGF, you cheap git! ;)

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2ztdx0xz said:
Great stuff mate, really pleased for you. Matt Charcoal Grey is ace, isn't it. ;)

yeah i like it, don't usually like matt/satin finishes but charcoal grey in matt looks good, industrial which suits the look of the frame.

have you seen the new models though? my 2020 Five is 145mm travel, but they have dropped the Four (110 travel in 29er and 120mm in 27'.5) and the Five (145 in 27.5 and 140 in 29er) and replaced the pair with the Five Evo with 130mm of travel, then jump straight to the alpine 6 at 165mm travel, not sure if that's the right thing to do but they seem to think so.

Re: Re:

jonnyboy666":1kqwbmqu said:
brocklanders023":1kqwbmqu said:
Great stuff mate, really pleased for you. Matt Charcoal Grey is ace, isn't it. ;)

yeah i like it, don't usually like matt/satin finishes but charcoal grey in matt looks good, industrial which suits the look of the frame.

have you seen the new models though? my 2020 Five is 145mm travel, but they have dropped the Four (110 travel in 29er and 120mm in 27'.5) and the Five (145 in 27.5 and 140 in 29er) and replaced the pair with the Five Evo with 130mm of travel, then jump straight to the alpine 6 at 165mm travel, not sure if that's the right thing to do but they seem to think so.

Looks like the stage evo (29er) is 120mm travel.

Does seem that they've reduced the number of models a bit. I love my old (2015) segment... Also charcoal Grey :)

Re:

I'd have thought a new 5 would be on the way but you will have better intel then me?

When the 4 and Stage 4 were dropped it took a while for the Evo's to replace them (so I was given a Stage 5 to replace my Segment under warranty) so I assumed same was happening here? Saying that, the Stage 5 was updated not too long ago?

If the 5 and Stage 5 have been binned it must be down to sales but I can't imagine the 4/Evo were or will be bigger sellers. Going by second hand sales the 5's are far more popular than the 4's or 6's?

Re:

as i understand it the 5 EVO is available in 27.5 and 29er, with a slight difference in travel. no Four, no Five.

Back