Skeeter 1 's 1993 Kona Cindercone build thread.

Yes...in every conversation I've had it was evident that this was the only option!
The paint is amazing,so I would have been mad to re spray it 🙈
Just a few decals need some attention Which I will take my time on.
Thank you for your

I’m not adverse to replacing decals or repainting on a scruffy bike. But with the paint being in such good condition here … OEM all the way. Nice set of components you’re accumulating too. That chain set particularly 😎

Lovely bike and I can relate… I’ve had my kileaua since I was 16, restored it using the best decals I could get at the time, and resprayed… upgraded brakes as mine were wore out, and hope hub wheels, but this spirit of my youth is something I enjoy just seeing when not riding.
Lives in my office at work.
Look forward to drooling over a lovely build.
2DF7E74A-46DC-4E10-AC35-23C26BFA2B88.jpeg

Lovely bike and I can relate… I’ve had my kileaua since I was 16, restored it using the best decals I could get at the time, and resprayed… upgraded brakes as mine were wore out, and hope hub wheels, but this spirit of my youth is something I enjoy just seeing when not riding.
Lives in my office at work.
Look forward to drooling over a lovely build.
View attachment 733041
That's amazing that you have kept it from the very beginning!! You really can just stand back and look at these bikes and just drift off into another planet ha ha.
My last build "kept" appearing in our hallway so I could admire it to and from work and in-between rooms ( not to my wife's amusement 😁)
This build was going to be one that I can use in the summer months,but the more I piece things together I know I'm going to struggle with seeing dirt on it!

It will be used but massively loved though.

That's amazing that you have kept it from the very beginning!! You really can just stand back and look at these bikes and just drift off into another planet ha ha.
My last build "kept" appearing in our hallway so I could admire it to and from work and in-between rooms ( not to my wife's amusement 😁)
This build was going to be one that I can use in the summer months,but the more I piece things together I know I'm going to struggle with seeing dirt on it!

It will be used but massively loved though.
I am fortunate my boss is a biker, so he is amused I keep this one in my office..
I do ride it but not very often.
I’ve a steel explosif I use more often and other bikes.
I’ve currently got three other bikes at work I rebuilt over the winter mostly lunch breaks.
I enjoy the relatively simple mechanics and cleaning and renovating immensely.

Back