Site Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

It doesn't need much upgrading, just the ability to post pictures directly to the site!
It just doesn't make sense why the owner of the site shows no interest?
I'm sure the revenue from the scrolling adds is nice, but it's not going to be there when there's no site due to the simple difficulty of posting pictures!
New members come and go so quickly as for such a goldmine of info it's so out of date.
Flogging a dead horse maybe?

Re: Re:

1552":3g99wr87 said:
It doesn't need much upgrading, just the ability to post pictures directly to the site!
I'm sure the revenue from the scrolling adds is nice, but it's not going to be there when there's no site due to the simple difficulty of posting pictures!
New members come and go so quickly as for such a goldmine of info it's so out of date.

Some strange and negative comments there. Did you even read the first post of this thread? :LOL: :facepalm:
Have you spoke to John about your concerns at all?

mk one":htc3pers said:
1552":htc3pers said:

Some strange and negative comments there. Did you even read the first post of this thread? :LOL: :facepalm:

To be honest though this site (financial speaking) is a labour of love and that love has clearly diminished over the years, just as many members have come scratched their itch and then unconsciously and slowly walked out the door and Johns interest has decreased as family pressure’s increased

Agree this site needs a freshen up and a good shot of VaVa Voom - but that’s another story

Agree, but still keeps it ticking over, and last i heard he was trying out new platforms. Gotta keep the faith :LOL:

mk one":1a5i82s7 said:
1552":1a5i82s7 said:

I was following on from a previous post, it's an observation of the site.
And why would I speak to john about my concerns? It's been mentioned numerous times and from speaking to other members he's been made fully aware plenty of times, so me adding to that via PM or email isn't going to make much difference.

It's an awesome platform for knowledge and information combined with a great back catalogue of pictures and builds etc, just having the ability to upload direct pictures would benefit no end.

thing is, upgrading forum software often drives people away too - especially in grouchy older communities like this one

Photobucket has ruined this site. So many old threads now have blurry pics. Grr

al-onestare":9uu3uhpn said:
mk one":9uu3uhpn said:
Agree, but still keeps it ticking over, and last i heard he was trying out new platforms. Gotta keep the faith :LOL:

That was over 2 years ago...

...not even a year ago al ! and the xen platform he was testing may not have been suitable, or simply as he said, there is a lot of work still to do so most likely hasnt completed it yet; as above, Got to keep the faith :)

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back