singlespeed conversion virgin, noob questions !

It is a bit ugly, but it does the job!

I bought the cog/spacer kit from Superstar components and it seems fine

b3oty":1nkcq7ad said:
It is a bit ugly, but it does the job!

I bought the cog/spacer kit from Superstar components and it seems fine

ok cool the 10 quid one ?

how many teeth are you running at the back and front ?

not sure what a fat unfit git like myself should be rolling on :LOL:

Yes, the 10 quid one. I'm using my 32 tooth middle ring, so I bought the 16t cog to get the 2:1 ratio that most people seem to recommend

I have just tried mine out today, 38T:18T. I can get away with this as they tyres I am running are 26x1.7" so the rolling diameter is less hense the higher gear ratio.

If you care running thin tyres then this maybe possible for you. £10 for a spacer and cog kit is good.

Update on the DBR Axis TT SS conversion....

That tensioner has got to go I reckon. To eliminate the SRAM 'Snap Lock' link I took that out and tried to reduce the chain length to its absolute minimum at the same time (maximising the wrap around) and.....

........jump, jump, jump :x .

In fact I couldn't actually make the chain shorther than it was. Taking the out just one link more was too much for the Superstar tensioner to handle (disappointed Superstar if you're reading this!)

Tonight with the benefit a little daylight a few minutes ago when I tried it I could see the chain jumping on the rear sprocket confirming I suppose that it just not enough wrap around.

Look out for the Superstar tensioner on E-bay... and avoid it!

I fixed my umping problem by taking out 1 link of the chain all was going well the it was too much for my tensioner to handle too. thankfully I had a spare and that is holding for now. I have spied an Onza tenioner that looks alot more sturdy. I might have to go for that one. Now I know why I have a BB mounted tensioner on my other single speed.

Or I will ust mount a rear mech and be done with it. I could mount a short cage road mech I have, I might try that.

I fixed my umping problem by taking out 1 link of the chain all was going well the it was too much for my tensioner to handle too. thankfully I had a spare and that is holding for now. I have spied an Onza tenioner that looks alot more sturdy. I might have to go for that one. Now I know why I have a BB mounted tensioner on my other single speed.

Or I will ust mount a rear mech and be done with it. I could mount a short cage road mech I have, I might try that.

Latest posts

Back