Silverfish 1992 Mountain Cycle San Andreas

Well, Fig. 4 (Disc Mounting) at p. 7 of Suspenders System II Reference Guide shows the spacer with large side outside. And all the reviews of the past that I've read (such as Mar. 93 issue of Mountain Bike Monthly, p. 50 and the below cover of Nov. 92 issue of VTT Magazine n°44) had the spacers that way:

VTT Mag 44 Nov 92.jpg

From a mechanical point of view, it makes sense. As you may have noticed when the front wheel is removed, there's nothing preventing the Suspenders System II stanchions to rotate freely in any directions in the lowers. Having a larger interface between the hub and fork dropouts help orientate the stanchions properly.

About the hub, I'm wondering what rims are fitted in the wheels of your Sanny? I seem to decipher Araya stickers.

Last edited:
And since you've replaced the XTR crankset by a Revolution one while still keeping the original Syncros bottom bracket, I'm wondering what spindle length are you running? On my Sanny, I had to go with 113mm spindle to get the correct (by Mountain Cycle specs) 50mm chainline with the XTR crankset. Did you replace the spindle for a shorter/longer one when installing the Revolution crankset? What chainline are you getting?

Back