Silverfish 1987 Mountain Klein

Stripped the wheels and hubs, degreased them and packed them with new grease. Adjusted the cones. Trued the wheels. Freewheel has come up amazing - looks like all the crap on it stopped any chain wear 🤣
For 40 year old wheels these polished up pretty good.

Now managed to source most of the parts.
Waiting on tyres and a new BB axle.

Just need to repaint the frame now - source some grips - and source a period correct seat clamp skewer. IMG_7644.jpeg IMG_7645.jpeg IMG_7647.jpeg IMG_7648.jpeg IMG_7652.jpeg IMG_7659.jpeg IMG_7660.jpeg IMG_7661.jpeg IMG_7666.jpeg IMG_7667.jpeg

Hi @Silverfish , as it so happens I bought a Desire XT seatpost from Jon Rock, who had repainted and decaled it, but he laid the paint on a little thick and I couldn't fit it into my 27.2 Klein attitude. Maybe it will fit in yours, as it is a "fat 27.2"? I can take pics and measure on Saturday, I'm away from home right now.

Hi @Silverfish , as it so happens I bought a Desire XT seatpost from Jon Rock, who had repainted and decaled it, but he laid the paint on a little thick and I couldn't fit it into my 27.2 Klein attitude. Maybe it will fit in yours, as it is a "fat 27.2"? I can take pics and measure on Saturday, I'm away from home right now.
*Deore XT

I ‘think’ I’ve managed to source a Strong 27.2 and an IRD. Strong looks like it’s got lost in the post - and the IRD needs some TLC so might work or might not.
I think the XT post works for an 87, but probably not with a Deerhead build as I think I want a silver post not black

Back