*sighs* Missy? You fkd up big time baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Been looking at the old photo's of Missy Giove....... and then her most recent 'picture'.... yeah, I'm not gonna let her drugs bust screw things up, she's still a big big big mountain bike hero of mine. But sh1t, she fcked up, what a mess!

With Leigh Donovan's return to the World Cup DH circuit this year I wanted to see who else could do it too. Definitely not Missy. Silly mare!

:cry:

January 7th, 2010 @ 9:37 AM

Just seen this from the Denver Post:

Missy Giove pleads guilty

By Jason Blevins

Former world downhill mountain bike champion Missy Giove had plead guilty to smuggling marijuana, capping what is likely one of the most spectacular tumbles from grace in all of action sports. The 37-year-old, featured last fall here retired from pro racing in 2003 after world championship titles and a flamboyant career peaking with her world title in 1994 and a sponsor contract that was the envy of all pro pedalers.

Last month Giove admitted her role in a 3-year smuggling operation, telling cops she took $30,000 to coordinate couriers shuttling marijuana from California to New York. Last summer, cops busted her in Illinois with 350 pounds of marijuana. They later found another 30 to 50 pounds of the weed at a co-conspirator’s home, along with more than $1 million cash.

She could face up to five years in federal prison. Sentencing is set for March.

enid_puceflange":10oupafp said:
January 7th, 2010 @ 9:37 AM

Just seen this from the Denver Post:

Missy Giove pleads guilty

By Jason Blevins

Former world downhill mountain bike champion Missy Giove had plead guilty to smuggling marijuana, capping what is likely one of the most spectacular tumbles from grace in all of action sports. The 37-year-old, featured last fall here retired from pro racing in 2003 after world championship titles and a flamboyant career peaking with her world title in 1994 and a sponsor contract that was the envy of all pro pedalers.

Last month Giove admitted her role in a 3-year smuggling operation, telling cops she took $30,000 to coordinate couriers shuttling marijuana from California to New York. Last summer, cops busted her in Illinois with 350 pounds of marijuana. They later found another 30 to 50 pounds of the weed at a co-conspirator’s home, along with more than $1 million cash.

She could face up to five years in federal prison. Sentencing is set for March.

:(

Sometimes it's that very need for success that drives them to oblivion. It's the main fuel of " I'm a celebrity... "

her punishment should be being made to work with kids to keep them fit ect..maybe she needs a retro view of how her life was beforethe dumb ideas crept in.

Its a real shame that someone who had everything, felt the need to do something soooo stupid.. :cry: :cry:

It's a familiar story: Jay Adams, Christian Hosoi, Missy Giove...
young, successful, linked to a certain image and lifestyle. And lacking real guidance/ structure when the money dried up.

They're still all heroes, IMO - But only for SOME of the things they've done, obviously.

Looking back: She was a true icon and achieved a huge amount;
Looking forward: I hope she sorts her ****** life out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back