Show Us Your Xizang's

nbl78s":14y6jx2y said:
13":14y6jx2y said:
Nice one nbl78s! are those psylos up front? did you polish the crown and paint them? they look really good with the frame

Yep, psylos. TOTALLY custom... Legs powder coated to match XTR, the crown was actually a custom proto type rock shox was playing with for a while (polished pewter crown and super slick coating on the uppers), the internals are all updated to match their newest stuff and the travel is actually cut down to be adjustable from 63mm to 90 something. I run them at the 63mm so the geometry is right. Oh, and the remote lockout is sweet to. I love these things! :)

Nice work! Yea running modern forks on a mid 90's gt can really wack the geometry out (i ran a pair of z1's on a 95 ricochet bitd was like a chopper)
63mm gives it the same stance as a set of judy's would, nice combo of modern performance and original geometry.

Re:

My restomod.

Attachments

• d03d173c-34ff-4d24-afe3-b57eb9e32ea7_zpsizxb6abc 1.jpg
    d03d173c-34ff-4d24-afe3-b57eb9e32ea7_zpsizxb6abc 1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 28
  • P1010504.JPG
    P1010504.JPG
    527.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Thank you. Technically, I got the bike in 1992 as a new frame and forks that had been sitting with the distributor unused. I'm currently writing up the back story which I will post on the readers bikes thread tomorrow.

Geee, I never pimped my Xizang here. Here you go folks.

It is a 98 model but the original white paint was pretty poochy around the chainstays since the guy that owned it before used to race it. Plus who doesn't love raw Ti. I've had it for sometime now and got most of the parts from Katrina Millers garage sale which I found by luck only where she was selling off her parts to help fund next years racing.

A quick run down of the parts list:

* Full XTR M950 apart from the front derailleur and M952 BB.
* Marzocchi MXC Air 2002 forks.
* Front wheel: Sun 0 Degree XC rim with Ringle hub.
* Ritchey Z-Max 2.1
* Rear wheel: Ritchey Girder rim with XT M737 hub.
* Maxxis Larsen 2.0
* Azonic bars with Kore Elite stem and Oury grips.
* Ritchey logic aheadset.
* Thomson seatpost with SDG Comp Ventura Ti saddle.
* Salsa skewers and seatclamp.
* Minoura Ti bottle cage.
* XT M747 pedals.
* Koolstop pads.

Even in the new era of long low and slack, this bike is still a lot of fun to ride.
The lack of weight and ability to go quickly where it is pointed is something I'll never get sick of.

Zanger.jpg

Geee, I never pimped my Xizang here. Here you go folks.

It is a 98 model but the original white paint was pretty poochy around the chainstays since the guy that owned it before used to race it. Plus who doesn't love raw Ti. I've had it for sometime now and got most of the parts from Katrina Millers garage sale which I found by luck only where she was selling off her parts to help fund next years racing.

A quick run down of the parts list:

* Full XTR M950 apart from the front derailleur and M952 BB.
* Marzocchi MXC Air 2002 forks.
* Front wheel: Sun 0 Degree XC rim with Ringle hub.
* Ritchey Z-Max 2.1
* Rear wheel: Ritchey Girder rim with XT M737 hub.
* Maxxis Larsen 2.0
* Azonic bars with Kore Elite stem and Oury grips.
* Ritchey logic aheadset.
* Thomson seatpost with SDG Comp Ventura Ti saddle.
* Salsa skewers and seatclamp.
* Minoura Ti bottle cage.
* XT M747 pedals.
* Koolstop pads.

Even in the new era of long low and slack, this bike is still a lot of fun to ride.
The lack of weight and ability to go quickly where it is pointed is something I'll never get sick of.

View attachment 533143
Nice looking bike and you need to get it on the Xizang serial number thread on here somewhere, just use the search section.
Totally agree with the last paragraph with them being not just light and stiff but rapid but still massive fun and rides with that slight hint of ti compliance too.

Nice looking bike and you need to get it on the Xizang serial number thread on here somewhere, just use the search section.
Totally agree with the last paragraph with them being not just light and stiff but rapid but still massive fun and rides with that slight hint of ti compliance too.

Doh, it is 99. I guess I don't check serial numbers very much. I filled that in earlier.
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/gt-xizang-serial-number-thread.40095/page-11#post-1835651

Back