Show us your slick tyred MTBS

Re:

Do you think 2.4 would fit in a stock avalanche frame? Namely the rear as the fork will be fine. Not sure if that's pushing my luck and don't know how to measure that reliably.

Just want the meanest set I can get. Commute is 4 miles so the resistance isn't an issue.

Re:

Real slick slicks are Schwalbe Kojaks (2.0") but they are not great in the wet if your commute is hilly and involves painted lines, drain covers or concrete paths/roads etc they are not to be trusted..
DSC02658.jpg

Otherwise if you can find them Vittoria Tattoo Light are immensely good; quick-rolling and an awesome amount of grip (2.3" width). Standard Tattoo are wire bead, and heavier.
Tattoo1.png

Quicker-accelerating and even usable off-road except in mud are DMR Super Moto (2.3", in reality 2.2)
Incredible in rain and in winter. Had a set for 2 years now, still going strong.
1263314606983-rep8pbm9duyy-700-80.jpg

I use Halos in similar circumstances: a bit of volume to provide some cushioning from the rough stuff yet they can take a very high inflation pressure - 85 psi so they roll nicely on the road.

Latest posts

Back