show us your gt's

Screenshot_20240820-000830_Wallapop.jpg
Hello guys! I've just got a 1992 Pantera and I was wondering if any of you have seen or owned one of these with suntour as described in the 92 catalog. All I've seen in Europe are fitted with shimano. I've also noticed that the rear U-brake is anodized black instead of bare aluminum as the majority of the images available around internet. This will be the second Pantera 92 I own and both have black U-brakes... It will take some time and love to put this baby back as it was in the 90s but I promise to upload some good shots once it's done.

Last edited:
View attachment 882474
Hello guys! I've just got a 1992 Pantera and I was wondering if any of you have seen or owned one of this with suntour as described in the 92 catalog. All I've seen in Europe are fitted with shimano. I've also noticed that the rear U-brake is anodized black instead of bare aluminum as the majority of the images available around internet. This will be the second Pantera 92 I own and both have black U-brakes... It will take some time and love to put this baby back as it was in the 90s but I promise to upload some good shots once it's done.
Awesome bike! I own the same model, it is my second Pantera too. Both my current and my original back in '93 had the same silver U brake and specifications, same size and colour.

Hi ladies and gents. This is my 1995 gt zaskar which I was quite thrilled to buy new back in the day. Pic in riverside park, manhattan below from 2023.

20230628_174541.jpg

I had asked a local bike shop to sell me new tires with a pavement bias and they sold me these Continental Town & Country but they kept shifting in the rim and tearing the tube at the valve. After changing to Panaracer Dart front and Smoke rear that problem went away. I realized it was because the Continental had wire reinforced beads and the Panaracers are foldable with no wire. I also put in a riser for the handlebars and a comfy gel seat as Im now 57 and I have a back problem from a slipped disc. As is now the bike is pretty comfortable for me.

Another more recent pic of bike below in Central Park, manhattan

20240709_103917.jpg

I have a big pannier that mounts over the front tire to store all my cargo.

I have a couple questions for you guys: 1) how to rejuvinate xt rapidfire shifter, the one for my front sproket rarely doesnt engage (once or twice per ride usually when I 1st start riding it). 2) Can I get new springs (foam?) for front Judy SL shock as they are original and tired (sag a bit not that springy).

Thanks!

She’s finished! I hope you like her?!
16” 1994 GT RTS Team.
ROCK SHOX MAG 21 SL Ti
Full m900
Flite Ti
Syncros bar and stem
Panaracer Smoke and Dart
XT pedals
ONZA HO brakes and chill pill
Tioga grips
Ringle cage

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpeg
    IMG_0038.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0039.jpeg
    IMG_0039.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0044.jpeg
    IMG_0044.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Hi ladies and gents. This is my 1995 gt zaskar which I was quite thrilled to buy new back in the day. Pic in riverside park, manhattan below from 2023.

View attachment 882607

I had asked a local bike shop to sell me new tires with a pavement bias and they sold me these Continental Town & Country but they kept shifting in the rim and tearing the tube at the valve. After changing to Panaracer Dart front and Smoke rear that problem went away. I realized it was because the Continental had wire reinforced beads and the Panaracers are foldable with no wire. I also put in a riser for the handlebars and a comfy gel seat as Im now 57 and I have a back problem from a slipped disc. As is now the bike is pretty comfortable for me.

Another more recent pic of bike below in Central Park, manhattan

View attachment 882609

I have a big pannier that mounts over the front tire to store all my cargo.

I have a couple questions for you guys: 1) how to rejuvinate xt rapidfire shifter, the one for my front sproket rarely doesnt engage (once or twice per ride usually when I 1st start riding it). 2) Can I get new springs (foam?) for front Judy SL shock as they are original and tired (sag a bit not that springy).

Thanks!
Nice one!
1) it normally happen due to the old grease inside becomes sticky, use wd40, click up and down a couple of times and should work. If sometimes works and sometimes not... that must be the reason.
2) Specialty Retro Products web site, they have springs for your judy.

She’s finished! I hope you like her?!
16” 1994 GT RTS Team.
ROCK SHOX MAG 21 SL Ti
Full m900
Flite Ti
Syncros bar and stem
Panaracer Smoke and Dart
XT pedals
ONZA HO brakes and chill pill
Tioga grips
Ringle cage

I like it. Very similar to mine apart from a few details.

I went with a black post to break up some of the silver which may be worth a look (match stem too)

Back