Show us your CLAUD BUTLER

Now this is not mine, but it might be at some point if it comes up for sale again. It was for sale locally but I just missed out, I've a hunch it's been bought by a chap who does them up and re-sells them, time will tell....

Anyway, Claud Butler "Midas", Altus C10 baby!! 😎

View attachment 628104View attachment 628105
Awwww. the Midas C10 was my first real mountain bike. I loved it. Bought from either my mum or aunts Great Universal catalogue. I would love to get my hands on one again.

Re: Claud Butler Urraco

Recently refurbed Urraco, very nice ride.
Don't know if you're still on this or still have the bike but can I ask if you ever lived near Carterton in Oxfordshire around 2005? Only reason is I had an identical one that was disposed of by the local plod after I moved, by the time I returned the bike shed and all the bikes had been removed!
Was a good ride, I bought a suspension stem to take the vibrations out of my arms and was gutted I lost it!!

My CB - In it's latest guise.

Zoom Stem, slightly raised bars, Shimano Deore wheels / V Brakes, WTB Saddle, think these are 3rd different tyre set.

Only things I want to change now are the brake levers for Shimano Deore and BB / Crank set to a Hollow Tech,

Rode it most of the Winter months every day to and from work, other than the original seat splitting been faultless
IMG_0186.JPG

My Claud Butler Pagan in Cape Wrath black. Currently cleaning and rebuilding. Everything is original on it apart from wheelset which was from a Peugeot. I've got cape Wrath Mavic wheels on at the moment from 1997. All still runs so I'm keeping it as original as I can. 1000011832.jpg 1000011834.jpg

Back